Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Hello,

I am sure this question has been asked before but I could not find the answer via a forum search.

I have been upgrading all of my treos on the same computer since my treo90(Yes I have my desktop that long). I am planning on installing the palm desktop on to a new computer. Do I need to install the Centro palm desktop on my old computer first, then hotsync, then install desktop on the new computer then hotsync again to bring all of my data over?

Thanks
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    well...initially I would say, yes, that's a good way to do it.

However, if you are familiar with palm desktop, you can make an archive of all your calendar events and contacts and copy that archive to a flash drive or any other removable media and then call it up by importing them after you install the palm desktop that came with the centro in the new computer...does that make sense?

you would do this by selecting contacts/phonebook from the left side and then going to file-->export---> and saving it somewhere on your desktop computer. MAKE SURE you select all of your contacts or you'll just archive one of them.

rinse and repeat for your calendar.

as far as your apps, you can actually do the same thing by going to all programs--->Palm--->bob31 (your hotsync id) and copying the corresponding .prc files to a removable disk or flash drive
    Last edited by nitido357; 11/07/2007 at 08:49 AM.
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nitido357 View Post
    well...initially I would say, yes, that's a good way to do it.

However, if you are familiar with palm desktop, you can make an archive of all your calendar events and contacts and copy that archive to a flash drive or any other removable media and then call it up by importing them after you install the palm desktop that came with the centro in the new computer...does that make sense?

you would do this by selecting contacts/phonebook from the left side and then going to file-->export---> and saving it somewhere on your desktop computer. MAKE SURE you select all of your contacts or you'll just archive one of them.

rinse and repeat for your calendar.

as far as your apps, you can actually do the same thing by going to all programs--->Palm--->bob31 (your hotsync id) and copying the corresponding .prc files to a removable disk or flash drive

Thanks! I will give it a try.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    I used BT to sync my wife's phone before installing the new desktop SW and had a problem with versamail setup. Sprint Tech Support finally recommended a replacement phone which arrived today. There is a warning label on the Centro that says do not plug in USB sync cable until new SW is installed. They did not mention BT (Bluetooth) sync, but should have. Also, BT is a much slower Hot Sync.

Be Careful!!!

Palm - read this!!!!!!! and change your warning label.
    FastFrank