Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hey guys, I been trying to look if it's even possible to get wm6 on a treo 755p but I couldnt find anything on that so I thought I would just ask. Thanks guys
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    anyone?!
    not doable do to hardware
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Hi

The 755P is palm operating system. The 750 is WM.

George
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    yea I knew that, just thought that someone one of there find it way... but thanks guy for responding.
    I have to agree with the initial poster.

Too many people write the idea off too quickly, but if you look hardware wise, the 700wx and 755p are hardware identicle for the most part with the exception of a few things possibly.

So I really want some one to tell me a good reason it can't be done, and please have a good technical answer as opposed to "it can't be done" or "totally different hardware" (especially since they're both running Intel Xscale 312MHz processors).
    I'm sure it could be done in theory, but you will need a driver and OS adaptation for a 320x320 screen, which is not easily available yet. This may be easier after some-one releases a 320x320 WM phone next year. Next you would need to deal with the fact that a 755 has only 32 MB DRAM, whereas WM only runs well with 64 MB DRAM at the minimum. Lastly, there needs to be a bootloader available for the 755p, and I don't think there is.

In the end its possible, but due to the low DRAM in the device its not worth the effort.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I'm sure it could be done in theory, but you will need a driver and OS adaptation for a 320x320 screen, which is not easily available yet. This may be easier after some-one releases a 320x320 WM phone next year. Next you would need to deal with the fact that a 755 has only 32 MB DRAM, whereas WM only runs well with 64 MB DRAM at the minimum. Lastly, there needs to be a bootloader available for the 755p, and I don't think there is.

In the end its possible, but due to the low DRAM in the device its not worth the effort.

Surur
    I checked out the specs on both, they both have 128mb, with 60mb persistant user storage.

So memory wise they're the same.

Now, as for a driver that would support a 320 x 320 screen, shouldn't be an issue for a developer since it's just a matter of adjusting the resolution, hell it should work better on a 755 since it's a bigger screen.

Now, if you coul get your hands on a copy of the ROM from the 700wx and was able to look at it, might have quite a few goo answers there, either that of the 750.