1.    #1  
    naturally, the palm version "works" but completely blows. the pod containing the mic and the start/end button is far too close to the left ear bud (and too heavy) so that, whenever you move, the bud basically falls out. pathetic design, even for an OEM palm accessory.

i then tried a jabra C220 (because it advertised itself as "compatible with any phone with a 2.5 mm headset jack.") well, me and my Centro proved that wrong. when playing a stereo source, music only came out of the right ear.

of course, we can forget about any bluetooth options since the Centro does not include A2DB or whatever the stereo bluetooth protocol is called.

any help would be MUCH appreciated!!!!! if we find one that works, maybe we can even move it to the preferred accessories thread!
    http://store.palm.com/product/index....ductId=2507401

Not that i've tried it, but thinking of it.
    Well

I use the Palm wired stereo headset that came with my 700p with no problems.

I have used another brand of wired stereo headset with my 700p that worked great. But I don't know what I did with them to test them on the Centro.

I also use a Motorola HT820 bluetooth Stereo headset with Softick Audio Gateway 1.16 that works really great with no issues. The HT820 have good sound quality.

I'm using the Insten headset adapter with a nice set of regular headphones. The adapter's a cheap lil' thing that plugs into the 2.5mm jack of the treo and provides a mic, button, volume wheel, and standard 3.5mm stereo headphone jack.

Sound quality with my Shure e3's is great - for the first time I can actually hear people and be heard on a busy street, thanks to the way the in-ear headphones block noise.

Not a bad adapter for $1 (plus $4 shipping). I bought two - if one breaks, no biggie.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000DLBSVQ?...bosnation0e-20
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I'm using Sony earbuds (great isolation) with a Seidio adapter. Works perfectly.

Also A2DP Bluetooth works great through Softick Audio Gateway. I use Rockrs.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    I'm using the Insten headset adapter with a nice set of regular headphones. The adapter's a cheap lil' thing that plugs into the 2.5mm jack of the treo and provides a mic, button, volume wheel, and standard 3.5mm stereo headphone jack.

Sound quality with my Shure e3's is great - for the first time I can actually hear people and be heard on a busy street, thanks to the way the in-ear headphones block noise.

Not a bad adapter for $1 (plus $4 shipping). I bought two - if one breaks, no biggie.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000DLBSVQ?...bosnation0e-20

i'm definitely trying this, i have an adapter on order. i would like to find a decent combo device, however. i don't follow one part of your comment, however. do you use the shure e3's for phone conversations? i thought they were just noise isolating earphones. thanks!
    Last edited by igotthepowers; 11/07/2007 at 08:36 AM. Reason: wanted to add text w/o making another post
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by flamand View Post
    Also A2DP Bluetooth works great through Softick Audio Gateway. I use Rockrs.
    thanks for the post but i don't understand the comment above, can you clarify? thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by igotthepowers View Post
    thanks for the post but i don't understand the comment above, can you clarify? thanks!
    There is a software solution to get stereo playback through stereo bluetooth headsets called Softick Audio Gateway. The Centro does not natively support stereo playback for stereo bluetooth headphones, but apparently the Softick software does make it possible. It's a third party software you would pay for and install on the device.
  9.    #9  
    any thoughts on shure i series (i2c, i3c, i4c)? i know the i2c has a treo specific version (i2c-t), wondered if anybody had any experience with it or any of the other headphones in this series. thanks again!
    what about a bluetooth headphone set
    <a href="http://www.tmicell.com/?aid=22671">Deep Discounts and Great Selection on Cingular, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint/Nextel</a>

CENTRO FREE w/new contract!! Free Shipping

<a href="http://www.tmiwireless.com/affiliate/?aid=22671">Join the tmiWireless.com cell phone affiliate program and earn excellent commissions on 2 tiers. You get a free personalized website, 24/7 statistics and reporting, and residual income on some products.</a>

http://www.famouswireless.net
    Quote Originally Posted by igotthepowers View Post
    i'm definitely trying this, i have an adapter on order. i would like to find a decent combo device, however. i don't follow one part of your comment, however. do you use the shure e3's for phone conversations? i thought they were just noise isolating earphones. thanks!
    Yes, I use the shures for phone conversations. The adapter has a mic on it, and puts the sound through the earphones. That's the beauty of this kind of adapter - uses regular headphones.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    Yes, I use the shures for phone conversations. The adapter has a mic on it, and puts the sound through the earphones. That's the beauty of this kind of adapter - uses regular headphones.
    now i get it, i didnt understand what that kind of adapter could do before doing a little more research. sorry i was a little slow, am learning as i go along!

figure as i am buying something new, it might as well be a combo device to preclude the need for a separate adapter, if necessary. the shure i series looks tempting, just hoping to see if anybody has any experience or can recommend any similar models from competitors. thanks again!
    i've used my wired headset that came with my tmobile sidekick 3 and it works fine.

more recently though, i picked up a bluetooth jawbone and a bluetooth samsung wep410 (i think i'll keep the wep410).