zLauncher
    Dial By Photo
    Key Caps
    gMail Client
    pTunes
    TomTom Nav6
    Little John Palm
    TCPMP

I must admit that the smaller form factor is very appealing. But is it really worth switching to the Centro?
    Just made that exact switch last night and am amazed at how much better it is then other upgrades I have tried (mogul and 755). It is the same operating system in all regards but it feels like a totally new phone experience. I highley recommend the upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlung View Post
    I currently have a Treo 650. I'm running the following 3rd party apps:

zLauncher
    Dial By Photo
    Key Caps
    gMail Client
    pTunes
    TomTom Nav6
    Little John Palm
    TCPMP

I must admit that the smaller form factor is very appealing. But is it really worth switching to the Centro?
    I had a 650 for 2.5 years and made the switch a few weeks back. Probably like you, I was waiting for a worthwhile upgrade. Centro fits the bill -- the size alone makes it worth the switch.

The speed of the Internet is also amazing. The stability is better than my 650 but I wasn't having too many resets. If you're off contract, take the plunge and make the switch -- you won't be sorry
    I upgraded from my 2year old 650 to the Centro. It's like night and day. The Centro was so much faster and more stable than the 650 ever was. And since it came with DTG 10.0 and Ptunes 4.x in the ROM, I didn't have to buy the upgrades. Bluetooth is much better than the 650 as is the reception. It was defently worth the upgrade price of $99.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlung View Post
    I currently have a Treo 650. I'm running the following 3rd party apps:

zLauncher
    Dial By Photo
    Key Caps
    gMail Client
    pTunes
    TomTom Nav6
    Little John Palm
    TCPMP

I went from the 755P and the simple, short answer is YES. It's worth it.
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    I was considering that a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to look at the next generation IPhone, so I was thinking about the ATT version of the Centro. But decided to switch any way. Here are my takes on it:

1. Better voice quality- this was high on my list. I had trouble at times with the 650 especially in a noisy environment. The Centro is much better.

2. More responsive - as others noted, the whole experience is a lot better: ui, web browsing, email download. It

3. Stability - no crash yet.

4. Much better screen - the screen is slighly smaller, but it is a lot clearer. I transfered a few of my favorite photos onto the 650, and it looked like the screen need a cleaning. On the Centro they look fabulous.

5. Ability to answer a call while surfing - this is important to me. On the 650 it would go to vm.

6. Size - it fits a lot better in my hands and in my pocket.

Having owned a 650 for almost 3 years, I was reluctant to upgrade to something that seemed to be a minor upgrade. But apparently the 650 was pretty good and with a few minor changes, it is a great phone.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    What about the volume? Is there a better speaker and phone volume??
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    The speaker is great. It's actually enjoyable listening to internet radio on the Centro. Phone volume is also better and clearer as well.
    I went from 650 to Centro, too, and its definitely worth it.

BTW, you don't have to update your desktop software if you don't want to, except for Documents to Go.

The internet is so much faster -- it wasn't really useful on the 650 but it is on the Centro.

(Now if only Sena would hurry up with my leather case and somebody would make a better stylus...)
    I can't really add anything better to what others above have said, other than yes, definitly worth it. I'm coming up on a week since I swithced, and can't imagine going back. I think you will love it. Now I pick up my wife's 755 and it feels like such a brick, the screen looks so blah, compared to my Centro.
    Vinnie
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Thank you all for your feedback! Sounds like the Centro is quite a good change.
    You are welcome. If you get one, don't forget to come back and tell us what you think of the battery door
    The web access is sweet. I was able to streem internet radio, surf the web, and dowload ptune skins at the same time, and the music didn't skip a beat. No way would I be able to do that with my 650. My only complaints are the cheap stylis and weak battery. I found that as long as I do not use internet radio, the battery works fine for me. But i was able to run internet radio for about 2 hours while I was mowing my yard before the battery died.
    Quote Originally Posted by unclejung View Post
    You are welcome. If you get one, don't forget to come back and tell us what you think of the battery door
    Am I the only one who doesn't have trouble getting the battery door off? I have found when I turn the phone upside down, place my thumbs so the upside down Sprint logo is between them, and push down and out at the same time the door comes right off, no problem. Can post pictures later if you want.
    Vinnie
    I was just kidding about the battery door. See my response in other thread.

I too don't understand the difficulty others have with the battery door. Perhaps yours and mine are different, or we should get together and offer a one-day Centro battery door seminar.
    Quote Originally Posted by unclejung View Post
    I was just kidding about the battery door. See my response in other thread.

I too don't understand the difficulty others have with the battery door. Perhaps yours and mine are different, or we should get together and offer a one-day Centro battery door seminar.
    "John & Jung's Battery Door Special! One day only- come now or never be able to reset your device"
    Vinnie
    Quote Originally Posted by Puckcoach3 View Post
    I had a 650 for 2.5 years and made the switch a few weeks back. Probably like you, I was waiting for a worthwhile upgrade. Centro fits the bill -- the size alone makes it worth the switch.

The speed of the Internet is also amazing. The stability is better than my 650 but I wasn't having too many resets. If you're off contract, take the plunge and make the switch -- you won't be sorry
    What he said