1.    #1  
    Is that good? lol.

Well I have 2 questions. I searched but didn't really find the answer to them:

1.) Has there been a fix for the dial tone sound before a text alert bug?

2.) I got the 755 as a replacement for my 650. I was told it was a refurbished phone by the sprint employee who activated it for me at the store and I was EXPECTING a refurbished phone so I didn't care. But the phone I got looks very NEW, and had the plastic film on the screen that new phones come with. Moreover, when I do a ##786#, The Recondition Status is "No" and the Reconditioned By and Date are blank. Is this proof that its new? Or do they just not fill in that info after a refurb anymore?

Thanks in advance
    I'm BACK!!!
    Treo 650 -> Treo 755p-> iPhone 3g -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite View Post
    2.) I got the 755 as a replacement for my 650. I was told it was a refurbished phone by the sprint employee who activated it for me at the store and I was EXPECTING a refurbished phone so I didn't care. But the phone I got looks very NEW, and had the plastic film on the screen that new phones come with. Moreover, when I do a ##786#, The Recondition Status is "No" and the Reconditioned By and Date are blank. Is this proof that its new? Or do they just not fill in that info after a refurb anymore?

Thanks in advance
    Sorry to "disappoint" you, but your "refurb" is physically all new.

After various "conversations" with the Sprint-bots I have the impression that they code the serial as "refurb" or "ESRP replacement" but it's a bureaucracy issue for their inventory and the phone itself is straight off the whatever assembly line in whatever repressive country builds them at the present moment.

As a sidenote - if you get "bumped up" from an older phone to a newer one - make SURE that you ask/demand (politely) that they give you the box and all the accessories for the different model. There have been minor or major cable changes, and you want the current manual (and the box for resale value). The stores shouldn't care either way - but they often won't volunteer it.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    As a sidenote - if you get "bumped up" from an older phone to a newer one - make SURE that you ask/demand (politely) that they give you the box and all the accessories for the different model. There have been minor or major cable changes, and you want the current manual (and the box for resale value). The stores shouldn't care either way - but they often won't volunteer it.
    good advice. Had I known that refurbs are actually new, I would have asked for the box. Maybe I'll go back and ask for it...doesn't hurt to try.
    I'm BACK!!!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Is that good? lol.

Well I have 2 questions. I searched but didn't really find the answer to them:

1.) Has there been a fix for the dial tone sound before a text alert bug?

Thanks in advance
    Congrats. I think it is the best Treo I've ever owned.
    good advice. Had I known that refurbs are actually new, I would have asked for the box. Maybe I'll go back and ask for it...doesn't hurt to try.
    To be precise, not ALL "refurbs" are actually new - even Treos. But in your case it is (otherwise the ROM coding would identify it as such).

*Sometimes* you can tell a refurb because it WON'T come in a full box - instead a smaller white or plain brown one. But that's not always the rule because I've seen refurbs come in the full mfr. packaging too.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  6.    #6  
    so does anyone know if there is a fix for the touch tone sound that plays before an alert sound plays?
    I'm BACK!!!
    Still no fix for the dtmf tone.
    Matty
  8.    #8  
    well that sucks! ok thanks.
    I'm BACK!!!
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Iwhen I do a ##786#, The Recondition Status is "No" and the Reconditioned By and Date are blank. Is this proof that its new?
    By the way, what is the latest Software Rev for 755p?
    Mine says;
    Software Rev: Treo755p-1.04-SPNT
    Hardware Rev: A

Since we did a software MR for 700p, was anything needed for 755p?
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    That is the latest version.. there have been no updates for the 755p
    Is that good? lol.

Thanks in advance
    I got mine the same way. I've had Treos in which ##786# showed "reconditioned status" as 'Yes', which basically confirmed it was a refurb. The one I have now says 'No;' which I got almost a week ago.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I have an extra 755p box and contents if you need it because I lost my phone at a ballgame and had it replaced by insurance. I actually have 2 extra boxes with contenets because the first replacement was missing the battery cover so they sent me another and didn't want the box back...

Pay the shipping and were good...
    Definitely want the box and CD, as there is currently no download whatsoever for the Palm Desktop and sync software for the 755 on Palm's website. Instead of a download link they just say "Install from the CD" - gee that's customer service for you.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleNerd View Post
    I have an extra 755p box and contents if you need it because I lost my phone at a ballgame and had it replaced by insurance. I actually have 2 extra boxes with contenets because the first replacement was missing the battery cover so they sent me another and didn't want the box back...

Pay the shipping and were good...
    Wow!!! What a nice person! I sent you a PM. Thanks!
    I'm BACK!!!
    Same thing happened to me. I had a 700p that would not sync so I called for an insurance replacement. Paid the $50, got a $50 credit on my next bill too! The lady said I would get a 700p because they were still in stock. I begged for a 755p - nicely, quickly and when she still said "No" I thanked her anyway.

Four days later I received my 755p.