1.    #1  
    Just noticed it. Word documents are now loading in Chatter with Gmail/imap. I didn't change any settings on my Centro or on my Gmail account. It just started out of the blue.

I tried sending myself some PDF attachments, JPEG files, and some html emails from another account to this one, but the attachments still don't come through.

It's encouraging. Not sure what happened, but I'll take it. Anybody else try it?
  2. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    Just noticed it. Word documents are now loading in Chatter with Gmail/imap. I didn't change any settings on my Centro or on my Gmail account. It just started out of the blue.

I tried sending myself some PDF attachments, JPEG files, and some html emails from another account to this one, but the attachments still don't come through.

It's encouraging. Not sure what happened, but I'll take it. Anybody else try it?
    It's possible that GMail has altered it's IMAP behavior.
    Good things come to those who wait patiently :-)
    Vinnie
    I wait patiently, still no luck on HTML emails .
    Well, to quote the man himself from last night:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    I know about all of these issues; unsurprisingly, they are all related (i.e. they are one problem). I'll take a look when I can and see what's involved in making it better.

Marc
    I think he's waiting for the dust to settle with Google's system (they said they may be changing some more code again), so he might want to wait till it's figured out and he's somewhat confident it won't break the next day ;-)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by john_v View Post
    Good things come to those who wait patiently :-)

"You snooze, you lose"
    "You snooze, you lose"
    Yes, but the second mouse gets the cheese
    Vinnie
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by john_v View Post
    Yes, but the second mouse gets the cheese
    Hang on. I'm tapped out. I'm gonna have to get Chinese takeout, and enter the anecdote from the fortune cookie
    Hang on. I'm tapped out. I'm gonna have to get Chinese takeout, and enter the anecdote from the fortune cookie
    Funny thing is I had the exact same thought!
    You do know the special rule for Chinese fortune cookies, don't you?
    Vinnie
    Just noticed it. Word documents are now loading in Chatter with Gmail/imap. ..... Anybody else try it?
    I just tested it and the MS Word attachment didn't show up for me.
    The new version of Gmail is very fast. Gmail on the web loads on my Treo just as quickly as the IMAP version and is more complete (but no push.)
    Laissez Faire