Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    So i got my centro last week. yesterday decided to install my 1gb sandisk microsd card. plug it in, everything is fine, today i don't see my applications that i installed on the card. so i get home and plug in the card into my PC. everything is there and working fine. card also works fine in my cell phone. Yet centro refuses to read it. when i plug it in, it shows up for about 5 seconds then i get the message no card inserted. anybody else had this issue?

thanks

alex
    Sometimes it tricky, make sure the card is all the way in. I found that it may appear to be all the way, but it isn't. Especially if it shows up for a moment.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    hmm. it clicks in all the way. is there another way of doing it?
    Quote Originally Posted by kalex View Post
    So i got my centro last week. yesterday decided to install my 1gb sandisk microsd card. plug it in, everything is fine, today i don't see my applications that i installed on the card. so i get home and plug in the card into my PC. everything is there and working fine. card also works fine in my cell phone. Yet centro refuses to read it. when i plug it in, it shows up for about 5 seconds then i get the message no card inserted. anybody else had this issue?

thanks

alex
    I had the same problem with my 1gb microcard! You need to format it. There is a program on your Centro that is labeled "Card Infor", go there and format the card.

Even after I formated the Lexmar card, it would not read it. I returned it and got a Sandisk and this time I had a sales agent help me format it for me in the store. It did not read it at first, so we took the card out and tried it again, and VIOLA!

I must say, I REALLY do not like handling this tiny lil card, so I do not take it out like I did and use with my digicam. Being that it comes with an adapter, I could. But it is not worth it to me.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    My card doesn't "show up" quite often actually.. I do a soft reset and it's back.. Seems like a glitch.
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    i had a hard time getting the card to fit into the slot properly. so i have to take the battery cover off (ugh) and then reinsert. it helps to have it off though.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    ah so i'm not the only one with a problem. thanks everybody for helping out. i guess its something to do with connector. i had the problem with my sandisk card. i guess i should try another manufacturer and see how that goes. it was working perfectly fine for 1 day then it stopped. maybe I'll stop by Sprint store and try another Centro to see if the same thing happens.

I do take the battery cover off before accessing the door.

problem with formatting it is if card is not detected Card Info will not format it.

Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post
    My card doesn't "show up" quite often actually.. I do a soft reset and it's back.. Seems like a glitch.
    I had the same issue happen to me once. The card (2GB SanDisk that I bought directly from Sprint) worked fine for a couple weeks and then it just disappeared completely for about a day and a half. It happened while I was organizing (moving) photos within the Pics&Videos application. I had planned to remove the card, reformat it and start over but then it just magically showed back up a day or two later and has worked ever sense.

I never take the card out since I use "Card Reader" and the built in sync capability the Pocket Tunes has.
    I bought a 2 Gig card from JR.com and transferred some photos over. A couple days later, they were gone. I tried the various resets and nothing. The phone now has big delays (ex: 22 seconds to close a contact). I gave up and removed the card for now.

We need direct feedback from Palm on this!!!!!!!!!
    FastFrank
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    FastFrank,
    reason for the delay was palm trying to access the card and not being able to. so it looks like few people are having this issue. i guess its time to call palm or Sprint.

thanks

Alex