1.    #1  
    HELP
    I've just got a Treo 680 and thought I could download all my contacts from the Apple Mac Address Book directly to the Treo. I also thought I could do the same with the ICal diary etc. Can somebody please tell me how to do it!

It seems though that it is only possible to use the Palm desktop to synch - but putting all the address book info that I have in the Mac into the Palm desktop address book is going to take me forever! There seems to be no way to export the data from the Mac address book to the Palm address book - or is there?

Alternatively is there a way to use Isynch and synchronise directly with the treo
    Many thanks to anyone who can help.
    Missing Sync.

Get it.
  3.    #3  
    Sorry - dont understand "missing synch - get it". Do you mean there is some programme that I have to get? Thanks
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    It's a 3rd party software by a company called Markspace. you can download a trial version, check out the forums section to check on what version you need with your mac.
    Search is your friend!

I'm not usually one to make these types of comments, but this area has had at least four requests for help on syncing with OSX over the last couple of months.
    Please, at least make the effort to look for this type of discussion before starting a new thread.

Your going to make us Mac guys look bad!!
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Without these noob questions I could never get my post count up!
    Just be cautious I don't think (though I may be wrong) it plays well with 10.5 ? But if you haven't upgraded yet it is about as close to utopia as your going to get with a mac....
    Missing Sync works well with Leopard.

Missing Sync is a fantastic product that takes care of your mac syncing issues.

It also allows you to mount your SD card as a separate drive, although this part does not seem to work with Leopard.

I have licensed a copy for each of my Mac Book Pros.
    Last edited by ghiscott; 11/07/2007 at 12:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghiscott View Post
    Missing Sync works well with Leopard.

Missing Sync is a fantastic product that takes care of your mac syncing issues.

It also allows you to mount your SD card as a separate drive, although this part does not seem to work with Leopard.

I have licensed a copy for each of my Mac Book Pros.
    When you try to mount your memory card do you get a freeze with white text, black foreground, yet you can still see what's on the screen (windows, deskop, etc.)? I was just wondering if that's the problem you were talking about.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for the suggestion - it seems to work fine

Quote Originally Posted by ktm97 View Post
    It's a 3rd party software by a company called Markspace. you can download a trial version, check out the forums section to check on what version you need with your mac.
  11.    #11  
    I did make a search but didn't find anything. But is it a crime to start a new thread? I'm a newcomer to this sort of thing and if this is the sort of comment I'm going to get - then I won't bother again. BTW you can't spell! "Your" should be "you're".

Quote Originally Posted by StoneOfLove View Post
    Search is your friend!

I'm not usually one to make these types of comments, but this area has had at least four requests for help on syncing with OSX over the last couple of months.
    Please, at least make the effort to look for this type of discussion before starting a new thread.

Your going to make us Mac guys look bad!!
    I'm reading up on the Missing Sync, and have heard great things about it. Will look into a purchase, if not a trial of it at first.

I've a Centro and was looking to sync up my Mac address book with the contacts on the Palm... lo and behold you can send your address book entries via Bluetooth to your Palm and then sync up to Palm Desktop.

For specific directions, which the Apple Help Viewer awesomely describes, fire up your Address Book application, then access the Help menu for Address Book Help. Search for "Bluetooth" in the Help Viewer, and look for the "Sending information from your address book to a Bluetooth device" article.

It'll be a pain, as you have to send each card individually. Look at it this way; you can trim and prune your address book of old numbers and contacts. Finally, once the address book entries are in your phone, do a HotSync with the Palm Desktop software and all your contacts are synched between the 680 and Desktop.

Hope this helps.
    I'm in a similar boat ... now running 10.5 and having just moved from a Palm T|X AND separate (P.O.S) Sanyo M1 phone ... having looked through my system logs - I dug out the ORIGINAL iSync 1.3 (iSync is v3.0 in OS X 10.5) Palm conduit ... SO FAR (knock wood) it's been working without the need for Missing Sync ...
    Trial Missing Sync before you buy - make sure it works for you. I'm in sync hell right now - it hasn't worked for me since I "upgraded" from 5.1.2 to 6.0.1. I've even tried moving to Leopard with the 6.0.2 beta, and it still hasn't solved my problems. This product has wasted untold hours of my time. I'll post back here if it ever gets resolved, but do know - it's not a perfect product (and you'll find no shortage of writeups supporting that . . .).
    Be careful. Unless something big changed, there is no trial version of Missing Sync. I hope this has changed.

It's always really bugged me that Mark/Space has/had this "buy it or not, it should work" attitude towards customers.
  16. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Ugh this makes me nervous about trying this OR upgrading the OS. I am going to do what I did with the last one...wait til all the major issues have been worked out and buy it halfway through the release.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Re: Leopard compatibility, Mark/Space, maker of Missing Sync, recommends not using their current version of MS with Leopard. From their FAQ page:

Q: Is Missing Sync currently compatible with Leopard?
    A: We've tested on early, pre-release versions of Leopard, and were able to begin testing on the release version on Friday, October 26, when Apple made it available to developers.

We have determined that updates will be required for Leopard compatibility. We are well underway in making the required changes to support Leopard and expect to post free updates to the most current versions of The Missing Sync for Palm OS™, The Missing Sync for Windows Mobile™, The Missing Sync for Blackberry™ and The Missing Sync for PSP™ as soon as possible. We have committed to releasing these updates within 90 days of Leopard's commercial release.*

As we confirm issues, we will post summaries for each product. We recommend that The Missing Sync not be used with Leopard, pending the official release of the updates listed below or information from our Support team.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowlinebill View Post
    ...BTW you can't spell! "Your" should be "you're".
    Not news. Been going on for almost 40 years now.

And not to hammer you, but did you search the whole site, or just this area?
    I'm the worst at searching, but I swear to god, we had had about 5 threads on this topic in the two months leading up to your thread.