1.    #1  
    I've been using Launchy on my desktop and it has replaced my need for a start menu and icons in Windows.

I was wondering if there was a "Launchy" type program for the Palm OS.

In other words, a program where you could hit a hotkey button to launch it, type a few letters and launch the program that you wanted?

Thanks
    Initiate from www.hobbyistsoftware.com

It is a very good launcher and you can type a few letters of the program and have it auto launch.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Initiate from www.hobbyistsoftware.com

It is a very good launcher and you can type a few letters of the program and have it auto launch.
    Yeah, I'm in the middle of trying that now. I've got all of Rob's other stuff. There's a bit of a learning curve (habit change?) to Initiate but I'm trying to work through it right now.

Is it possible to have it not show any applications when i go to it and just launch the programs in the "background"? The best would be a hotkey from anywhere that would then launch the program from an "indexed" list.

Anywho, just dreaming.

Thanks for the input
    Not sure about how you want to configure it. It does take some learning, but I like it over zlauncher.

I don't know what Treo you have, but the newer ones and the update for the 700 have the feature where you can hold the home key and it will pop up a list of you last eight programs. Pretty nice. You might be able to copy this program file into your treo if you have one like the 650. There was a thread on how to do this.
    TypeRight is great.
    PetitLauncher is exactly what you want. Takes some setting up but will work just like Launchy and free like Launchy too. I trigger it with a long press of the center button then type a few letters, select the app you want and center button to launch. I love Launchy too!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by antmelnat View Post
    PetitLauncher is exactly what you want. Takes some setting up but will work just like Launchy and free like Launchy too. I trigger it with a long press of the center button then type a few letters, select the app you want and center button to launch. I love Launchy too!
    You're right, it's just what I wanted. Now, is there any way to get rid of the goofy cat?
    Another vote for TypeRight
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I am looking at Initiate and ZLauncher right now. What of the 2 do folks like the most? and why?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    The thing I didn't like with initiate and Zlauncher is to much on the Centros smaller screen, Icons are smaller and everything looks really really small. I went with Launcher X, I liked the drag n drop of Icons into the catagories to organize programs, I hid the gadget bar to allow more space on the screen.

Programs your never use I created a catagory called "Hidden" and put all the apps into that one catagory and marked it as hidden, now I don't see them anymore.

Launcher X is easy to navigate with just the 5-way pad, I hit the left or right on the rocker until I'm in the correct catagory and then use my finger to select the program I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Launcher X is easy to navigate with just the 5-way pad, I hit the left or right on the rocker until I'm in the correct catagory and then use my finger to select the program I want.
    I too have gone back to using Launcher X. After using Zlauncher for a while and trying several others, there is something about the simplicity of LX that I like.

YMMV
    Quote Originally Posted by Pman View Post
    I too have gone back to using Launcher X. After using Zlauncher for a while and trying several others, there is something about the simplicity of LX that I like.

YMMV
    Same here, and I prefer my tabs on the left!

ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint