Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Well my Centro died while at work and all I have here is the USB cable. I was under the impression that the USB cable will charge the Centro. Anyways, I plug the USB into the dead Centro and no light comes on. Will the USB not charge a dead Centro? I have tried numerous USB ports on multiple computers. The cable synced fine when the Centro was alive...
    I'm guessing you need to give it more time. I wonder how the battery got that low? I had a problem like that happen to something and it finally charged.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Well I was having horrible battery life and I read on another forum to drain it all the way out and then recharge it and it solved the life issue.
    Ok, the USB is a sort of trickle charge. Since you intentionally drained it completely it will need that much more time to charge on USB. I imagine everything is fine then. It could take some time just to get the indicator light on.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    Ok, the USB is a sort of trickle charge. Since you intentionally drained it completely it will need that much more time to charge on USB. I imagine everything is fine then. It could take some time just to get the indicator light on.
    Well I finally got it to take after removing the battery and putting it back in. Who knows...my old TX used to be finicky like this as well on the USB charge. Guess I jumped the gun a bit! Thanks for the help.

Depending on your computer, you might have to do a little finagling to get power to the Centro if the battery is dead. The way USB is supposed to work is that when a PC detects a device is plugged in, it tries to talk to it. If the device doesn't respond properly, the PC is supposed to cut power to the device.