1.    #1  
    My Palm Treo 650 running the latest version of Palm OS with all the updates is wonderful. Except that when I browse the web, write memos or use the calendar for half an hour, the screen fades with vertical lines until it is completely white and I cannot switch the Treo off.

If I remove the battery for five minutes it will sometimes work again, for a little bit. Sometimes nothing will bring it back to life, even a brand new battery or being connected to a computer or the mains. But if I stop using it for 24 hours or do a hard reset it will usually work again.

If I use the Treo just 10 minutes at a time and recharge every day for 10 minutes, it works perfectly. Is the Treo supposed to work like this?

I look forward to your comments!
    Hi parrotfix. Fist, WELCOME to TreoCentral!

If I use the Treo just 10 minutes at a time and recharge every day for 10 minutes, it works perfectly. Is the Treo supposed to work like this?
    Absolutely not!

What third part apps do you use? Can you make a list?
    Regards,
    Alexandre Freire
    -----------------
    Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    If this behavior persists after a hard reset, then it is a bad Treo and/or battery.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  4.    #4  
    The only third party app on there is dataviz docs to go...

It's definitely not the battery, because I tried a brand new one and had the same problem. I thought it might be the connection between the battery and the device?

Thanks for your reply...
    Quote Originally Posted by parrotfix View Post
    The only third party app on there is dataviz docs to go...

It's definitely not the battery, because I tried a brand new one and had the same problem. I thought it might be the connection between the battery and the device?

Thanks for your reply...
    Hi again parrotfix.

I don't know if it's possible, but it seams to me that could be a short circuit that is draining your battery... I really don't have the knowledge to make a better assessment.

As part of a process of elimination, you could try to clean the connections with a cotton swab and some connection cleaner solution (usually sold in spray).

Sorry for not being more helpful on this issue...
    Regards,
    Alexandre Freire
    -----------------
    Treo 650 Unlocked GSM