Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    T|C Release, v3.6 with KeyGuard

http://www.swcp3.com/TreoHour/TreoHour.GIF http://www.swcp3.com/TreoHour/TreoHour_KeyGuard.GIF

Features:
    • Behaves like the inbuilt Treo (or Centro) keyguard.
    • Displays some info about the device.
    • Highly configurable, including device unlock keys.
    • NO hooking to 'hede' notifications.
    For now, this is released only for members of T|C. Post your feedback here.

Continuing this thread here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=154677

Please see v4.0 below in post #15

- mvk
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GreenHex; 11/07/2007 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Pics...
    Game over!
    For me, if this great little program would also show (the remainder of) Today's meetings and tasks, it would really be special...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rossarnie View Post
    For me, if this great little program would also show (the remainder of) Today's meetings and tasks, it would really be special...
    I've been thinking about it... but then, it would not be "little" anymore. It's already not small (almost 40 kB).

Besides, 2day and Xtndr already do all (and more) of what TreoHour does...

Last edited by GreenHex; 11/05/2007 at 09:12 AM.
    Very cool Green Hex!

Couple of things:
    • Doesn't play nice with Treo Launcher (causes some graphic errors)
    • When the Center 5-way key is used to disable, it also acts to launch whatever app is selected in the background--so when I hit Center, it both disables and launches a program at the same time.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Very cool Green Hex!

Couple of things:
    • Doesn't play nice with Treo Launcher (causes some graphic errors)
    • When the Center 5-way key is used to disable, it also acts to launch whatever app is selected in the background--so when I hit Center, it both disables and launches a program at the same time.
    • Also, appears to have the same issues with Blazer, CallRec and Phone as well... I don't have a clue what is wrong. These apps handle things different than the other apps.
    • Yeah, the 5-way center behaves differently. Don't know why.

- mvk
  6.    #6  
    v3.8, with today's appointments and pending tasks counts. The blank space below is for the current appointment description, which I will be doing in the next release.

Already, the whole screen is looking too "busy."

Any problems (other than the "graphics" issue) during use?

- mvk

Game over!
  7.    #7  
    Here it is, all of 51 kB:

http://www.swCP3.com/TreoHour/TreoHour_FullScreen.GIF

- mvk

Please download v4.1 from post #15
    Last edited by GreenHex; 11/07/2007 at 08:21 AM. Reason: slipstream...
    Game over!
    Cool little app. Playing around with it for the first time. I'm not getting an icon to the app, though. I can launch it from the DB file with my File Manager in ZLauncher, but it doesn't show up as an app anywhere.

I know it would make it a bit heftier, but if you can figure out the "Slide to Unlock" for Palm OS you'd have a killer app.
    Actually read the manual and figured out the reason there wasn't an icon. I like that it's in the Prefs section - less clutter!

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    Cool little app. Playing around with it for the first time. I'm not getting an icon to the app, though. I can launch it from the DB file with my File Manager in ZLauncher, but it doesn't show up as an app anywhere.

I know it would make it a bit heftier, but if you can figure out the "Slide to Unlock" for Palm OS you'd have a killer app.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post

It's a preferences panel, so it will appear under "Other" in the "Prefs" application.

I did have the "Slide-to-unlock" feature in an early version of "TreoLock" (one of my other non-freeware applications) but I removed it as there was not much going for it. It worked well, and was good to show-off too.

You may even find the TreoLock.PRC file in one of the threads here.

- mvk
    Hmmm ... it's not working for me for some reason. I can tweak the settings and it works well when I "sample" it (very cool with color backgrounds, by the way!), but when I shut of my 680 and turn it on it goes right to the apps - no Keyguard at all. Both the native and the TreoHour are enabled. Using v3.9.
    GreenHex, very nice.

re: the "too busy" aspect, which I agree, would it be possible to just make some of those items in the Keyguard optional? For instance, for some odd reason I rarely use Tasks, so it would be neat to un-select that from an options menu (if possible).

Along those same lines, that may allow you to put more on there (like say a battery % ) while also keeping it less by only having some things available.

Either way, it's totally working for me, so a big thanks
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

I found a work-around of sorts for Treo Launcher, for those interested:

In Calendar mode:
    - disable Signal %
    - disable Battery %
    - disable Icon Text

In regular Icon mode:
    - disable Signal %
    - disable Battery %

Doing that will prevent any graphic conflicts

great little program.

I agree, it would be nice to check what features you want to display. Things like battery power would be nice... I think the app covers everything else as it is. Also, it would be nice to prompt the window on my own by holding down a key or something. I would prompt it just to get a lot of information at once.

EDIT:
    you should take donations for further developing this software for the forum members!
  14.    #14  
    >> Cascade

You can try by switching-on the native key-guard and switching-off the TreoHour keyguard. If it works, then it should too when you switch-on the TreoHour keyguard. It is possible that some other utility is blocking the screenguard stuff. Any others having problems with the 680?

>> Malatesta

Having an option to switch on the indications are easy, but would mean re-layouting everything. No problem there, but it would be a nightmare from the aesthetic point-of-view. I don't use Tasks either, but it had to be done!

>> CasopoliS

Activation with some key will be done, probably in the next release. The main reason the "full-screen" display is actually smaller is to allow the gadgets on the underlying form to be visible (BT, Signal, Battery). These can be put on the TreoHour display too (with just 4 lines of code!) but what would be the point? Like you mentioned, this just about covers everything...

And yes,

Please do donate and support the development of this (and my other) freeware.

Last edited by GreenHex; 11/06/2007 at 08:26 PM.
  15.    #15  
    Updated v4.1 - Now, 56 kB

Features:
    • Date format bug fixed
    • Battery status display
    • Popup functionality
    - mvk
    Last edited by GreenHex; 11/07/2007 at 06:37 AM. Reason: spelling...
    Game over!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Updated v4.1 - Now, 56 kB

Features:
    • Date format bug fixed
    • Battery status display
    • Popup functionality
    - mvk
    Hey GreenHex.

All seems fine in this version but I can't find the battery status display?

17.    #17  
    Look closely... and you will find it... It's there, right in the middle...

- mvk
    Game over!
    Look closely... and you will find it... It's there, right in the middle...

- mvk
    lol, very cool.

I thought I noticed something, but my batt was of course full--so it looked just like a red dot. Neat idea.

19.    #19  
    Uploaded TreoHour v4.2

Release Notes:
    • Fixed graphics and font problems caused in some applications (Phone, Blazer, CallRec etc.)
    • Code clean-up, smaller PRC, smoother operation.
    • Minor graphics re-layout.
    See: http://www.swCP3.com/TreoHour/TreoHour_User_Manual.html
    ZIP: http://www.swCP3.com/TreoHour/TreoHour.zip
    PRC: http://www.swCP3.com/TreoHour/TreoHour.PRC

- mvk
    Game over!
    Uploaded TreoHour v4.2

- mvk
    Working well here.

No more glitches with TreoLauncher and the new layout looks very clean.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast