Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    So is this basically an alternative to KeyGuardTime+? I had some issues with that program and have been looking for a replacement. I use the pop up feature to check the time and see if the sound is on. Does TreoHour have those features?
  2.    #22  
    Uploaded v4.4

Release Notes:
    • Native status gadgets display in KeyGuard
    • Minor modifications so layout is not drastically altered on using fonts other than native fonts.

See: http://www.swCP3.com/TreoHour/TreoHour_User_Manual.html

- mvk

Last edited by GreenHex; 11/09/2007 at 08:33 AM.
    Great app GreenHex. I have though found an issue with the keyguard that needs to be addressed. The Treo's default keyguard is released with the press of the center 5 way select button, this is the same setting I am using for your new keyguard. Your version of keyguard however is passing the keypress to the underlying application.

As an example, I run Takephone and by default the focus is on the speed dial for my voicemail. I press the phone button, which opens up Takephone and your keyguard. I press the center select button to release your keyguard and then Takephone immedialy dials my voicemail. This same scenario also holds true for every other app I have tested your keyguard with, including Chatter and the default Treo launcher. In essence, I have no control over what my Treo does next after releasing your keyguard.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    The Treo's default keyguard is released with the press of the center 5 way select button, this is the same setting I am using for your new keyguard. Your version of keyguard however is passing the keypress to the underlying application.

I have no control over what my Treo does next after releasing your keyguard.
    How about using some other key, if possible? The 5-way center button is way over-used anyways! I'm not saying I'll not fix it, but as pointed out in an earlier post, I have no clue why the center key behaves differently.

- mvk
    Very cool, but where are the traditional Westminster chimes?
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by kd_cooke View Post
    I'm aiming for the smallest footprint, fast operation, and the least possible interference with device operation for TreoHour. I'm willing to sacrifice some features to achieve this (esp. ring-tones, MP3s and wallpapers).

There are several well known applications (notably, Chime) that do what you want.

>> cgordonn

I've fixed the 5-way center key problem, and attached the PRC to this posting. Please try this and let me know how it goes. (I've not incremented the version count, so as to cause as much confusion as possible).

- mvk
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GreenHex; 11/09/2007 at 11:14 AM.
    Game over!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    There are several well known applications (notably, Chime)that does what you want.
    Thanks for the pointer, I had never heard of "Chime" before.... However, after grabbing the app and installing, it does not offer traditional Westminster chimes. In fact, I've been looking for years and have not been able to find this...

It's minor feature (at best), but one that would be way cool!
    I'm aiming for the smallest footprint, fast operation, and the least possible interference with device operation for TreoHour. I'm willing to sacrifice some features to achieve this (esp. ring-tones, MP3s and wallpapers).
    yes, resist the urge! lol

keep keeping it simple
    >> cgordonn

I've fixed the 5-way center key problem, and attached the PRC to this posting. Please try this and let me know how it goes. (I've not incremented the version count, so as to cause as much confusion as possible).

- mvk
    I'll confirm for you: working (although I have since become used to using the Message button as I have less thumb travel, but nice to have it as an option)

No other issues as of yet. Honestly, you've nearly reached perfection here, imo.

The only other thing I could think of would be LED support for alerts, etc. but that would seem redundant with other apps and there are probably device specific issues. Wouldn't be bad but not necessary either.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    >> cgordonn>>> I've fixed the 5-way center key problem, and attached the PRC to this posting. Please try this and let me know how it goes. (I've not incremented the version count, so as to cause as much confusion as possible).- mvk
    Works great, thanks Hex!
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  10.    #30  
    Works great, thanks Hex!
    Thanks... Malatesta & cgordonn. Please re-download the final v4.4 from my website. - mvk
    Thanks... Malatesta & cgordonn. Please re-download the final v4.4 from my website. - mvk
    oh, I just thought of something:

Would it be possible, preferably as an option, to have Keyguard disable automatically on:
    • SMS
    • pTunes

The SMS thing would be nice, especially when driving, since this KG blocks the entire screen whereas the default doesn't obscure the message.

tia

12.    #32  
    Attached, for testing only.

Notes:
    • Massive re-write of certain portions.
    • No clock display on certain pop-ups (SMS and Tasks... but not DateBook. Don't ask why!)

Once again, I request users of TreoHour to consider donations to support its development. You can follow any "PayPal Donate" link on my website.

>> Malatesta

I'm hesitant to make anything pTunes specific, though the above modifications could work.

- mvk

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GreenHex; 11/10/2007 at 07:14 AM.
    Game over!
    I tried to dl the prc ota and it did not install. it was dl as attachment.php to the card instead? How do I install it ota?
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudedvision View Post
    I tried to dl the prc ota and it did not install. it was dl as attachment.php to the card instead? How do I install it ota?
    T|C old-timers who know about this may please help. - mvk
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudedvision View Post
    Go to that file and rename it to "treohour.prc" or anything, just make sure the extension is .prc. Now just install to RAM as usual (I use Resco Explorer which has an "install to RAM option", I suppose you could also move it RAM and try to run it there).

GeenHex:

Nice job on the SMS exception. Seems to be working just fine and I like the way it works (keeps keys locked, enables quick read). I did notice some minor graphic issues if you unlock and cycle through the choice buttons on the SMS message. It seems the outline for the ovals change colors--almost like a bleed through from the suppressed clock screen. Definitely not a big deal as it doesn't interfere with function.

Yeah and don't worry about pTunes. I was just thinking if it was some easy solution/no possible interferences that could be another program to implement it on, but it's not a huge concern.

Other than that it seems to be working very well.

(and c'mon others, drop GreenHex some green and make a donation! )

Thanks Malatesta. I used filez and renamed it to treohour.prc then moved it from the card to internal mem and treohour is working. Wonder why it didn't install ota like other apps? Cool app!
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I did notice some minor graphic issues if you unlock and cycle through the choice buttons on the SMS message. It seems the outline for the ovals change colors--almost like a bleed through from the suppressed clock screen. Definitely not a big deal as it doesn't interfere with function.
    Maybe it is an unfortunate side-effect of allowing the device to keep working in the background (though the user input is blocked) while the displayed window colors are changed.

It would be easy to block device operation completely, but that what would be the point of that? Launching of TreoHour is almost instantaneous and there are no crashes, freezes or conflicts - though it interacts with so many applications to collect information to be displayed. I'm quiet happy with the way it has turned out, though I'm looking for a solution to the bleed problem.

I think I'll give this whole thing some rest considering the response - even in a forum like T|C - hasn't been all that good.

- mvk

PS: Thanks for helping with the OTA problem.

PPS: Anybody notice problems with msg and email counts from v4.4 onwards?

Last edited by GreenHex; 11/10/2007 at 11:15 PM.
  18.    #38  
    v4.5 finalized and uploaded

Release Notes:
    • Added option "No clock on SMS alert".
    • Added ringer volume info display.
    • Added font selection for full screen clock.
    • Major rewrite of some routines.
    • Finally cleaned-up key handling routines. All key combinations work as expected.
    • Fixed the message and email counts problem.

See: http://www.swCP3.com/TreoHour/TreoHour_User_Manual.html

- mvk
    Last edited by GreenHex; 11/11/2007 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Oops... fixed URL...
    Game over!
    v4.5 finalized and uploaded

Release Notes:
    • Added option "No clock on SMS alert".
    • Added ringer volume info display.
    • Added font selection for full screen clock.
    • Major rewrite of some routines.
    • Finally cleaned-up key handling routines. All key combinations work as expected.
    • Fixed the message and email counts problem.

See: http://www.swCP3.com/TreoHour_User_Manual.html

- mvk
    whoops, gotta fix your link
    http://www.swcp3.com/TreoHour/TreoHour_User_Manual.html

I'll play around with 4.5 today.

20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by kd_cooke View Post
    ok kd_cooke... you got your wish. I have the MIDI chime version in beta running on my phone. It turns out that playing a MIDI file is easy, but it is stopping it when you want it to - esp. while in a background "thread" -that is difficult. One would (of-course) want to be able to silence the chime instantly under certain circumstances. Fumbling with inconsistent interfaces to silence the sound would not make for good "form."

But where do I get royalty-free Westminster Chime MIDI files? I searched far and wide, but couldn't find them. (Google must be slipping) For that matter, I couldn't find any kind of good quality MIDI files. I don't want to include crappy MIDI tones with TreoHour.

Maybe the addition of MIDI chimes would increase the popularity of TreoHour.

- mvk
    Game over!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast