Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Normandie's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hey folks, the title says almost all of it, can I delete this file. It shows as a data file. I don't use email on my Treo 680 and this files takes up 4 meg of space. I don't use versamail or any other, just trying to reclaim some space, but don't want to cause problems on the 680. Excuse my bad English;

    Have a good day & thanks,
    Normandie
    Last edited by Normandie; 11/05/2007 at 09:34 AM.
  2. #2  
    Yeah, you can delete the MultiMail Attachments file. It's a record of attachments either sent or downloaded with VersaMail.

    A empty, non used file will be 80b, 0 records. You have been using VM if you have a 4meg size file.

    After deleting it, a new empty MultiMail Attachments file will be created after a soft reset. The new replacement file will be 80b 0 records.

  3. #3  
    A 4 Meg MultiMail Attachments file, sounds strange if You did not use the mail apps in the 680, I am a versamail user and mine is 34 K big. If You are not a mail user just kill the MultiMail Attachments file using FileZ and don't worry about the murder
  4. Normandie's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rubuk View Post
    A 4 Meg MultiMail Attachments file, sounds strange if You did not use the mail apps in the 680, I am a versamail user and mine is 34 K big. If You are not a mail user just kill the MultiMail Attachments file using FileZ and don't worry about the murder
    treotraveler & rubuk,

    Thanks to both of you. I have and have not used versamail. I followed a tip to create 2 emails with attachments with MIDI files to download as ringtones. I never mailed them, but just made them and opened them myself to add the files to the ringtones. I would presume that is where the large size came from. You both are lifesavers!!!

    I have just deleted the file!

    Thanks & have a good day,
    Normandie
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Normandie View Post
    treotraveler & rubuk,

    Thanks to both of you. I have and have not used versamail. I followed a tip to create 2 emails with attachments with MIDI files to download as ringtones. I never mailed them, but just made them and opened them myself to add the files to the ringtones. I would presume that is where the large size came from. You both are lifesavers!!!

    I have just deleted the file!

    Thanks & have a good day,
    Normandie


    I just bought a 680, any chance you'll be sharing that tip on for the ringtones ?

    Carlos
  6. Normandie's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot135pd View Post
    I just bought a 680, any chance you'll be sharing that tip on for the ringtones ?

    Carlos
    Carlos,

    The tip is fairly simple.

    1. Open Versamail and create an email with any subject and any text, one word, doesn't matter.

    2. Then attach the midi sound you want to use as a ringtone, close the email. Of course the midi sounds must either be on an SD card or in memory of the Palm.

    3. Reopen the email and click on the attachement, it then should let you save it to your ringtones.

    4. Delete the email and when you are all done delete the "Multimail Attachements file" with filez.

    This is not original with me, I read it somewhere and it just stuck in my poor little mind.

    Have a good day,
    Normandie
    Last edited by Normandie; 11/05/2007 at 09:21 AM.
  7. #7  
    google the program "MiniTones". it let's to add any sound file (midi, mp3, wav) as a ringtone. no need to use versamail and its a whole lot quicker. MiniTones also has a very small filesize & can let you edit the sound file (you can choose start & stop points).
    Follow Me On

  8. Normandie's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    google the program "MiniTones". it let's to add any sound file (midi, mp3, wav) as a ringtone. no need to use versamail and its a whole lot quicker. MiniTones also has a very small filesize & can let you edit the sound file (you can choose start & stop points).
    Syphon,

    I agree there are programs that do it simpler, but this is a way I found before knowing about these programs and since he ask, I passed it on. If I had it to do over, I would use "minitones" or another program.

    Thanks & have a good day,
    Normandie
  9. #9  
    Thanks to both of you. I tried min tones but it wouldn't see the file that Ringcare had made. Ptunes saw and played it but nobody would install it as a ringtone, apparently because I don't have an SD card. I already ordered one.

    Meanwhile I'll try this method to see if I can get it to work.

    Carlos
  10. #10  
    Normandie: Oh, I had thought you were still using the Versamail workaround.

    Pilot: Yes, I believe you do need to store that files on a memory card in order for the program to read it.
    Follow Me On

Posting Permissions