1.    #1  
    I just recieved my gps reciever my ( BT-359 ) I got from ebay and tried it out and this things with Telenav is pretty cool. The GPS reciever locked onto the satellite pretty quick to my location. I punched in a location and it routed within a couple of minutes and was ready to go. I missed a couple of turns to see what it would do and it quickly rerouted me to get me back on track and brought me back home. I love how fast it sets up. I'm still trying to get the vocal part but the moving map is pretty cool and how for to the next turn is nice. I will report more after I have tried it for a while.
    I bot a 359 from ATT so I could try it for 30 days. I just took it back.
    It is cool until you need it and it wont pick up the satellite. I had this happen several times. I was clearly in the open and it would either not connect with the sat at all, or drop and not recover. I'm talkin out in the middle of Oklahoma.....no hills, no buildings. Then in Denver, and in Kansas City. I was near some buildings, but not enormous ones. Several times I just couldnt get it to pick up at all I would keep driving and then stop, reset it, and try again. I didn't appreciate that and don't have time to waste on problems. I am going to try the Freedom Keychain unit that is supposed to pick up the satellite quicker. If it works better I will let you know too.

Telenav works fantastic tho. Voice is great, maps work well. option to see the turn by turn directions if you do lose connection. Telenav works, my weak link was the GPS reciever.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Glad to hear Telenav works great. I just unpacked my Holux M-1000 GPS receiver. I haven't tried it yet. If my performance mirriors the reviews, I'll be very pleased. I'll post back with my results.

McTreo
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    I 2nd tj$bags. When TeleNav works it works very well. But too often it would say it couldn't get a GPS signal. My own belief is that the problem is the Treo Bluetooth. After a significant failure that had me driving around the wilds of NH late at night looking for my hotel with no help from TeleNav, I bought a $200 Magellan unit. It works great always.
    Quote Originally Posted by tts52 View Post
    I 2nd tj$bags. When TeleNav works it works very well. But too often it would say it couldn't get a GPS signal. My own belief is that the problem is the Treo Bluetooth. After a significant failure that had me driving around the wilds of NH late at night looking for my hotel with no help from TeleNav, I bought a $200 Magellan unit. It works great always.
    Wouldn't the app saying it can't get a GPS signal say that the GPS unit was bad at pulling in satellites? If the treo BT was to blame it should say that it can't connect to the GPS unit instead.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    So far, the M1000/Telenav is working like a champ. Quick acqusitions, accurate positions, quick re-routes. (However, it does tell me I live down the street from myself. Likegoogle maps, it thinks my address is half a block down the street, lol.) I'm going to try to make do with this set up until I get a GPS enabled device. I'd love to have a dedicated Garmin..., but convenient and cheep wins.

Beside the M1000 also works with Intellegolf.

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the input. When I said the BT-359 worked great I found out some thing too. When I get a call on my treo 680 and try to go back to telenav. I have a problem getting it to find me. I hate having to stop and try to get reaquisitioned. I would love to hear back about what you guys are getting better results with. I do work in 30 Wal-Mart stores in NC so I travel alot and I cannot afford to be riding around. If I get a call I want to be able to go back to my directions and keep it moving.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Evidently that is the way the 680 works with TeleNav. The lack of simultaneous voice and data means the data connection is severed when we place or answer a call. After the call the destination must be re-entered.

Two other disappointments with the 680 on TeleNav: no 3-D maps and no real time traffic. Makes you wander why we would pay the same price as others who get the full implementation.

Still deciding what to do...

McTreo

9.    #9  
    I just got off the phone with a telenav rep. who had me reinstall the software and redo the Bt connection and reset my treo 680 and still no voice or prompts. I was told the issue will be looked at by a tech rep. If I get any answer to figure this out I will post it.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Can't help you there, bro. My voice instuctions come through the 680 speaker just fine. I did run into problems with the mount I bought. It has a powered speaker, but only picks up GSM style noise. It is defective and is going back.

I'm using v4.1.27
    Last edited by McTreo; 11/26/2007 at 01:15 PM.

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I was disappointed TeleNav for the Treo 680 didn't have the 3-D moving maps. Sweider kindly posted the 5.0 prc on a different thread. I loaded it up and so far it works great with one small problem. When you exit TeleNav it tkes about a minute to return to the launcher screen, but well worth it.

Now, to get the traffic....

Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    Wouldn't the app saying it can't get a GPS signal say that the GPS unit was bad at pulling in satellites? If the treo BT was to blame it should say that it can't connect to the GPS unit instead.
    That might well be true, but it's not to say that the BT implementation doesn't have it's issues. I bounce between a headset and my car, and it's constantly saying "but wait I'm still connected." This, when the device in question is 20 miles away. That's a neat trick. No, it's really just a buggy BT stack.

But hey, at least the phone automatically resets when it gets really bad and saves me the trouble.
    I just bought freedom mini gps receiver (key chain) and it works great. Using telenav, but don't like monthly subscription. I'm looking for other mapping siftware. GPS enabled Google Maps would be great!!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by capnandy View Post
    I just bought freedom mini gps receiver (key chain) and it works great. Using telenav, but don't like monthly subscription. I'm looking for other mapping siftware. GPS enabled Google Maps would be great!!
    Likewise looking for alternatives. Does anyone have experience with Delorme's StreetAtlas 2008 on PalmOS? At $40, it could be a great alternative... if it works!

McTreo