1.    #1  
    http://www.newsday.com/business/ny-b...rail_headlines

If I take my phone on a cruise (or overseas anywhere) but keep the phone powered OFF when I'm not using it, this kind of thing won't happen... will it?

If I want to keep the phone on to receive voice calls, is it just a matter of checking "offline" for each chattermail box and unchecking Qsync? If I do those two things, it shouldn't go online at all, right?

(Sorry, but I'm new to Chatter and I *am* going on a cruise in a month! This article was vaguely terrifying and made me very very happy I don't have an iPhone.)
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnL_ View Post
    http://www.newsday.com/business/ny-b...rail_headlines

If I take my phone on a cruise (or overseas anywhere) but keep the phone powered OFF when I'm not using it, this kind of thing won't happen... will it?

If I want to keep the phone on to receive voice calls, is it just a matter of checking "offline" for each chattermail box and unchecking Qsync? If I do those two things, it shouldn't go online at all, right?

(Sorry, but I'm new to Chatter and I *am* going on a cruise in a month! This article was vaguely terrifying and made me very very happy I don't have an iPhone.)
    In addition to taking the mailboxes offline and disabling quicksync, do the following:

Go into Connection preferences in Chattermail and make sure "Disable Chatter While Roaming" is checked. Then go into System preferences in Chatter and uncheck "Turn on Radio at Reset."

Also, in the Phone app, go into the menu and select Roaming Preferences. Select to always be warned on data connections (and calls too, if you're concerned about accidentally incurring roaming charges).

Finally, yes, keep your phone off when you're not using it.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you! I really appreciate the advice.
    I think this is less of a problem with CDMA, because most countries don't have CDMA networks in place. You DO have to be careful in Canada, where data charges are very high. I guess you can check with Sprint to see if they have a CDMA roaming agreement in the countries you'll be visiting.
    Actually most cruises have CDMA roaming now. But yeah its like 1 dollar a minute.
    Interesting. Didn't know that.