1.    #1  
    I just received the new Centro, and I'm trying to configure it to work w/ IMAP gmail.

I enabled gmail's imap, punched in the required settings, and it just downloads one message before it says "the rest of the message could not be received. Please try again."

I set up versamail to download both read and unread messages starting with the last week.

Does Versamail just suck w/ gmail imap? Any alternatives that work well w/ gmail imap?
    I'm looking into what's required to improve ChatterEmail's compatibility with Gmail/IMAP. No promises, though...

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by edm203 View Post
    Does Versamail just suck w/ gmail imap? Any alternatives that work well w/ gmail imap?
    Numerous posts on this subject have said that Versamail does not work with gmail IMAP. It even states it quite clearly on the gmail IMAP page. Snappermail does work just fine, though. But you have to have the enterprise version.
    And the Enterprise edition is what? Over 60 bucks?
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    And the Enterprise edition is what? Over 60 bucks?
    So don't use IMAP. All I did was give a recommendation that is working. Since Chatter doesn't seem to work very well with it and Versamail isn't supported, what's your alternative.
    Default email clients on the Palm don't work well with imap. No wonder the Palm platform is going down the toilet. Do your self a favor, sell your Palm and get a Blackberry. You won't be disappointed.
    Download the Sprint Mobile Email program from the vision homepage directly on your Centro. It's free. Add gmail using the imap settings under "other imap account" It works great on my 755p.
    versamail is crap-a-mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeBaller View Post
    Download the Sprint Mobile Email program from the vision homepage directly on your Centro. It's free. Add gmail using the imap settings under "other imap account" It works great on my 755p.
    The problem with the SME software is it keeps mapping its self to the email button. Even when you uncheck the box, it will over time recheck the box, and map its self back to the button. So I had to dump it, after I praised it.
    Matty