Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Which BT headset are you using with your Centro (are you happy with it), or which one are you looking at purchasing?

I am looking at one that vibrates and has caller id.

Here is the one I am looking at:

http://store.treocentral.com/content...9-32--2548.htm
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I use the Jabra JX10. It doesn't do what you are asking for, but to me, it's very small and works great.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    i'm lookin' at the blue ant Z9. for me I don't really need too much in terms of the caller I'd screen and all that jazz. that is a pretty decent headset from the looks of it though. just make sue you research all the ones you're interested in cuz it seems like the sound quality can vary from really good to really bad. and you don't wanna get stuck with one that has terrible sound quality ya know i'm new to the whole bluetooth thing so i'm spending a fair amount of time trying to figure out which one I like the best overall. the biggest things for me overall are sound quality #1 and noise cancellation is a big one too since i'd be using it in the car with windows down (i roll with no a/c 90% of the time the summer) so it seems like it might be between the blue ant Z9 and the jawbone, but still need to do more research.

have fun finding the one that fits you just right
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    It doesn't look too hot based on the written review to me. Just a question though, how will the lcd benefit you? I know I keep my headset on my ear and can usually see my phone id.
    Life is a garden, dig it. -Joe Dirt
    Jawbone delivers the best voice quality and the best noise reduction hands down. I have tried and/or owned 15-20 BT headsets and the Jawbone is the real deal. I didn't believe the noise reduction claims until I tested it. I had my wife wear it and turn the TV on at full blast and I could not hear the TV, only her voice. Incredible stuff. One note: direct wind contact will still be a problem with any headset. The Jawbone reduces noise, not wind noise.
    I ran out to Costco after this post. They have the Moto HS 850 for $35 and the H700 for $70. The H700 at Costco includes a home and car charger. I don't know one headset from another but Cnet, who I don't really pay attention to normally but didn't know where else to look gave it a great review and said it was the second most popular model right now after the Jawbone, don't know the model. The H700 looks like a standard moto but is smaller than the HS 850. The H700 has a button for several functions, I don't know if they all do or that many? FYI BT 2.1 is the current standard and 3.0 might be out next year. [Costco has a great return/warranty policy you might want to check out.]
    plantronics voyager 520.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Oops I didn't say it before, I use the ever so economical jabra bt125. it was only $25 and the only complaint I get is wind noise when I am outside.
    Life is a garden, dig it. -Joe Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by kevhead View Post
    i'm lookin' at the blue ant Z9.
    The Z9 is fantastic: best BT headset on the market today, imo. Works very well with the Centro.

Just make sure it has the latest firmware (3.2 I believe) as it really improved the sound.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    The Z9 is fantastic: best BT headset on the market today, imo. Works very well with the Centro.

Just make sure it has the latest firmware (3.2 I believe) as it really improved the sound.
    yeah, i saw it at a best buy, then saw one of your other posts, checked it out and i really like that you can turn the light off (one thing that turned me off of it initially) and the little tie clip on it is genius. not to mention the noise cancelling is always a nice feature
    The Jawbone seems like the best from what I've seen online. There's even a red one. I can't see paying more than the moto for one of these head sets but eBay is amazing. I think you can find it for less than the moto retails if you're patient, but then again the moto is less on eBay too.
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for the replies. I was out today window shopping with some actual models and then saw a movie.

I think I will go for this one below. It isn't feature rich, but it is small and it is.... PINK!

http://cgi.ebay.com/PINK-BlueAnt-Mic...QQcmdZViewItem

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Check out the review for this noise-cancelling model.

Anyone try this yet?

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/review/li...yet-301978.php

Dawn
    Anybody try this one http://store.treocentral.com/content...9-32--2788.htm ? I'm looking for something that works great but won't make me look like I'm a Star Trek cast member. The one posted above is small too.

I've never tried a bluetooth headset and I'm wondering if I could listen to streaming internet radio through pocket tunes? I mostly listen to talk stations so stereo isn't that important. On the other hand, are there any really small stereo ones you know of that can be used for phone calls too?
  15.    #15  
    Spent a lot of my spare time yesterday scouring the web for reviews, both editioral and consumer and found this chart:

http://www.pcmag.com/products/0%2C%2...sc&stpdinglp=1

Hmm, I'd look into the one above your post before going with a Samsung since its smaller and compared to the Jawbone. FYI it looks like the Jawbone comes in black, silver, red and beige or something. The Jawbone and the moto are rated one of the best and most popular so if you don't get those I'd stick with something that you know is close.
    They didn't review the moto H700 but you can find reviews. I'm not saying I'm buying it but the moto is smaller than the other motos. Costco sells products they know are good and popular and can sell at a good price. I think they pointed me in the right direction.
  18.    #18  
    A video:

http://reviews.cnet.com/bluetooth-he...-31940385.html

Interesting review:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...bluetooth.html

This is just one of many reviews that I have read on this product. I read as many comments as possible to find consistencies as well as hopefully find new information about the item.

That's a good review, it mentioned a problem with smaller ears you might want to check out. I'd also contact the companies and see how their batteries compare to other models, that seems like the one thing that could make a bigger difference between these models being mentioned here.
  20.    #20  
    Thanks,

I don't have a small ear issue. Not quite a Dumbo type, but I'm ok. -LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast