1.    #1  
    Ok.. So now that Palm has separated the Sync and charge cables for the Centro..

If you plug the Centro into the Sync cable, is there any reason to plug in the separate charge cable? It seems to charge off the sync cable.

I guess if you turn off your PC it might be good, but otherwise I could use the Sync cable near my PC and the charge cable somewhere else in my house.
    that's what I'm doin'. I have the charge cable in the bedroom next to the bed so it charges while I sleep and then wakes me up
    Quote Originally Posted by kevhead View Post
    that's what I'm doin'. I have the charge cable in the bedroom next to the bed so it charges while I sleep and then wakes me up
    Same setup here.
    Vinnie
  4.    #4  
    Anyone know if it charges any faster by using both cables?
    Some devices can short out if you try to hook up both cables.. I wouldn't suggest it. If you wanna charge, use the ac adapter alone. It's faster than usb.
  6.    #6  
    That's ridiculous. There is nothing wrong with hooking up both cables. The previous Treos all had a combined connector.

The question is just whether it charges faster with both.
  7.    #7  
    vs usb only.

I wouldn't think it would be different for ac only vs ac+usb.
    Wouldn't Palm have to mention it in the manual if there's an issue?
    AC is faster than USB, but you are NOT going to damage anything by connecting both.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    If I'm not mistaken, the user guide tells you to plug in the AC charger while syncing in order to preserve battery life while the phone and computer are transferring data.

I'm sure the batter doesn't drain too much since the syncing doesn't take long at all.