1.    #1  
    Was trying out USB modem.... it worked fine but then when I tried to end the connection, I couldn't see an obvious way to do this. Ended up just trying to turn the application off and removing the Mac end of the USB sync cable and I got a Mac warning that I had incorrectly removed a USB device.

Soooo, how is one SUPPOSED to do this?
    I don't know, I think that is a Mac issue. How do you remove a flash drive or similar device? You could wreck the item if you don't remove it correctly, same as a PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmRookie View Post
    Was trying out USB modem.... it worked fine but then when I tried to end the connection, I couldn't see an obvious way to do this. Ended up just trying to turn the application off and removing the Mac end of the USB sync cable and I got a Mac warning that I had incorrectly removed a USB device.

Soooo, how is one SUPPOSED to do this?
    You click on your modem icon in the top menu bar of your screen, then click to disconnect in the drop-down menu.

If your modem icon is not visible in your menu bar, you can make it visible by clicking the appropriate box in your Network preferences panel. Just go to the setup you have for the Centro USB modem connection and click "Show Modem Status in Menu Bar".
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by timholman View Post
    You click on your modem icon in the top menu bar of your screen, then click to disconnect in the drop-down menu.
    OK thanks. The funny thing is, the first time I connected, I managed to do it without clicking connect in the modem icon menu so then when I wanted to disconnect, the drop down menu still just offered me the "connect" option. I tried the entire routine again and this time was able to disconnect as you suggest. Oh... and then I had to "disable modem" from the USB modem application screen on the Centro itself. So it seems to me like there are two steps: 1) disconnect on the Mac side and 2) disconnect on the Centrol side.

We're humming now.
    You can also fire up the application Internet Connect to check on the status of your current connection. Use Spotlight or Google Desktop (if you have it installed) for the app to come up; I do believe it's in the Utilities folder on your Mac HDD.