1.    #1  
    Sorry, its such a rookie question, but how do you get the sync cable to release? It doesn't seem to just pull out because of the spring loaded "ears" that snapped in.

Thanks
    Just pull it straight out.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    Just pull it straight out.
    Well, thanks. But I tried that and after exerting what I thought to be unreasonable force and still not being able to pull it out, I thought I would ask. As I said, the "ears" or "tangs" appear to spring out after being inserted and like a fishhook, they grab or lodge in place and prevent me from pulling it straight out. I was finally able to shift the connector a bit to one side and then push on the tang on that side with the stylus to spring it in a bit but even then I had trouble getting the tang on the other side to release. I have used lots of USB connectors before and connectors on things like iPods.... never seen one like this that (a) has the springy tangs but (b) doesn't have a place to squeeze to get them to flex in while you pull the whole connector out.

Nobody else with a Centro (or other Treo?) has encountered any difficulty with this?
  4. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    It does fit a bit snugly (compared to other Treos); however if you wiggle it side to side, it should come off.
    The first time I used the sync cable, I gave up as it seemed stuck even as pulled very hard. I finally pulled extremely hard and it released. I thought it might break, but apparently OK.
    FastFrank
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFrank View Post
    The first time I used the sync cable, I gave up as it seemed stuck even as pulled very hard. I finally pulled extremely hard and it released. I thought it might break, but apparently OK.
    Yep, that was my experience. I pulled VERY hard... (I finally got it out by wiggling side to side and then flexing one tang by pressing on it with the tip of the stylus). But after reading these posts, and looking closely at the tangs I tried again. This time it came out with force. Perhaps it will loosen up with time......
    I noticed the same thing the first time I connected the Centro. It does loosen up after repeated use.
    I wiggle it up and down and that seems to help. Especially down.
    Why doesn't it have a release button, I too am nervous it will snap one day.
    When the u-shaped connector tabs get loose, widen them with a sewing needle, straight pin or toothpick.