1.    #1  
    Can I add iSolo without messing up WordSmith or any of my WordSmith files?
    Yes. You may notice that if you don't save a new WordSmith Doc in the Wordsmith format (i.e. you just save & close it), you will be able to open it in ISilo. How can you tell? There's a little "w" in wordsmith next to wordsmith specific files, and no "w" next to text & doc files. While this may cause some confusion when you peruse your Isilo docs, it won't cause any real problems. I love ISilo, the conduit compresses text files smaller than anything else I've seen--more text and faster!
    The issue I had was that I had some iSilo docs and some "doc" docs that I used iSilo to look at. When I added Wordsmith, I could no longer view "doc" docs in iSilo.

This was a problem b/c they were of a category that I needed to see them at the same/close to the same time without entering another app.

I solved it by converting the "doc" docs to iSilo format (it's smaller anyway) and love both iSilo and Wordsmith again!
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    The issue I had was that I had some iSilo docs and some "doc" docs that I used iSilo to look at. When I added Wordsmith, I could no longer view "doc" docs in iSilo.
    I think (though I don't fully understand the problem) that if you open the doc is WS and make sure that you save it w/out the RTF data, that should fix the problem.

i.e. click the "Plain Text (Palm Doc)" check box under Save / Save As
    Hmmm...I can still open docs that are Plain Text in Wordsmith...besides, conversion to iSilo makes' em smaller.

OHHH! I remember now---I could still READ the doc docs in isilo, but once I opened Wordsmith and it recognized them, it would move them into a different category, which would make them be "unfiled" in iSilo--not acceptable.

At any rate, Wordsmith is an AWESOME program (dietrich and i have discussed this before) and iSilo is the best of the readers I have tried. The small issues that you may have don't negate the worth of either.