Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Daz
    How awesome to be able to now search and view any google or youtube video!!!!!! A must have app. for treo and centro!! Simply go into the Kinoma Media Guild and go to search...pulls a search bar and youre off....Please try out!!! I love it.
  2. Daz
    Just make sure that you have a good data plan for this app.
    Or Wi-Fi. Of course, on the Treo 650 and 680, that would only mean the Enfora Wi-Fi Sled, which has been discontinued but you may pick one up from Ebay or other various places.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Some clips are choppy on my 650, but it's still very neat to be able to access online videos like this. I wish there were an option to turn off the internal multimedia indexing; I have to turn it off manually every time I start up. I have many thousands of small images on my sd card.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    I wish there were an option to turn off the internal multimedia indexing...
    If it's not useful for you, you can turn it off by going to General Preferences and setting Synchronize library to Manually.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    The search function is really cool....kinoma just made my "10 most used apps" list!!
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503 View Post
    The search function is really cool....kinoma just made my "10 most used apps" list!!
    Excellent, thanks for the kind words!

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  8. Daz
    I love it!!
    This is TERRIFIC!!! Thank you Kinoma people! I NEVER pay for software for my treo - but this one was worth it. (it's the only thing I ever bought). I recommend it to everyone.

The search feature is the bomb. Kinoma was always like having a Ferrari without the keys. Now with search I can sit on the train and watch music videos or movie trailers on youtube or whatever. On my Sprint 700p - streaming is excellent.

Best application EVAR! well - maybe after googlemaps
    Kinoma 4 EX is a great program, for many reasons, and it keeps getting better and better with so many (free!) updates.

Well, one of the recent updates has added or enabled a "resume" option for streaming content. I love this because now, when my podcast streaming is interrupted by a phone call (755p), once I return to and click on the link, the program automatically and immediately resumes playback from the last point.

This is too cool for words. I save a lot of time and get much more enjoyment from streamed content, now.

Check it out.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Agreed!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    how do i get new kinoma to work with sprint tv and online streaming sites
    I'm not sure how many other audiobooks are available, out there/online, but LibriVox's Sherlock Holmes stories are available via Kinoma's Literature category.

I'm a big Holmes fan, so this is fantastic, for me.

With this kind of variety (music to audiobooks, etc.) it's almost like having satellite radio but for free!

There are also holiday music "stations" available to Kinoma for those of us who dig X-mas music so much. I hope they stay active throughout the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by heatscentro View Post
    how do i get new kinoma to work with sprint tv and online streaming sites
    I don't know about other streaming sites, but I tried Sprint TV, recently, and found that it apparently automatically worked with the built-in version of Kinoma on my 755p.
    Can anyone tell me, with 4.4, can I listen to a song, exit the app, and do another task while listening to the song still?

I love this feature with Ptunes. I can listen to a song while sending a text, or perhaps while tweaking a document or reading a pdf file.

Not sure if Kinoma can do that, but it would be so awesome if it could. Sometimes I just want to exit the app and still listen to a song, so I use Ptunes.

Any ideas if it can, or thoughts if that may be a feature later?

Cause I can say that sending a txt message and not having to stop the music, then go back is really useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    Can anyone tell me, with 4.4, can I listen to a song, exit the app, and do another task while listening to the song still?

I love this feature with Ptunes. I can listen to a song while sending a text, or perhaps while tweaking a document or reading a pdf file.

Not sure if Kinoma can do that, but it would be so awesome if it could. Sometimes I just want to exit the app and still listen to a song, so I use Ptunes.

Any ideas if it can, or thoughts if that may be a feature later?

Cause I can say that sending a txt message and not having to stop the music, then go back is really useful.
    In my experience, once you exit Kinoma's application, you're no longer able to listen to music via the application... until you restart it.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    In my experience, once you exit Kinoma's application, you're no longer able to listen to music via the application... until you restart it.
    This is what I figured, but I thought I would check in case I missed something. I really think that if developers can implement things we like that other apps have, we could essentially dump a program or two.

Like for me, if Kinoma was able to do what Ptunes does in that aspect, I might actually get rid of that program (maybe) and then only use Kinoma. But since it cant, I have to have TWO programs on my device to do what the other cant.

What this does if you can get a way to use ONE program, you get more memory.

I really hope that Kinoma works on this feature, as this is the ONLY reason for me I dont use it to play music. Obviously you cant view a movie unless you can see it, so you would never exit the app. Same with looking at a picture.

BUT... If you want to stream music or play music files, you can still listen while you do something else as I mentioned above.

And I l like the fact Kinoma is so much cheaper than Ptunes anyways. I think they charge too much for the program as a SOLE music player.

Just a thought for the Kinoma team for future implementation. (I hope you guys can do it)
    I'm getting tired of Kinoma 4 EX failing. Have any of you found any work-arounds, within or outside of the Kinoma software?

By failing, I mean that the links time-out and/or fail to work - including the link to the Kinoma Media Guide - so it's not just a problem on the content provider's end (i.e. NPR, LibriVox, ClearChannel servers, etc.).

I don't want to pay a mint for pTunes Deluxe, but I want to be able to stream when I want/need to - not wait so long that I've already made it to my destination or finished what I wanted to do while listening to Kinoma.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I'm getting tired of Kinoma 4 EX failing. Have any of you found any work-arounds, within or outside of the Kinoma software?

By failing, I mean that the links time-out and/or fail to work - including the link to the Kinoma Media Guide - so it's not just a problem on the content provider's end (i.e. NPR, LibriVox, ClearChannel servers, etc.).

I don't want to pay a mint for pTunes Deluxe, but I want to be able to stream when I want/need to - not wait so long that I've already made it to my destination or finished what I wanted to do while listening to Kinoma.
    I use to have so many problems with that, and I had to delete all my links, and basically said screw it and really haven't tried any new ones yet as I was frustrated and just didnt want to waste my time at that point. A handful of my links would always time out and i'd get some error, and I KNEW they were working.

Personally I haven't used Kinoma that much because for music, if I have to stay in the app, it is of no use to me.

Then for streaming stuff i've just found it on the net and had Kinoma open.

I have not watched a movie either in a long time, so again Kinoma is sparse for me except when I watch the occasional online video since I will not use it for music streams nor playing music files because of the lack of feature I mentioned.
    I use mcPhling and NetConnectDA together to disconnect and re-connect within Kinoma and it works. Annoying but at least I don't have to exit and disconnect and reconnect and get back in. Details over at my review posting.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast