Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    I'll post an update once we learn what's up...
    Okay, we have a fix in testing and we'll have an update for everybody on Monday.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Thanks for the quick turn around, Charles. You guys have had to earn your dues today.

Stu
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    Thanks for the quick turn around, Charles.
    Did I say Monday? I meant right now!

Check out the blog for details.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Cool! It's alive and it works!!

Thanks Kinoma!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    It's alive and it works!!
    Glad to hear it, thank you!

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Cool! It's alive and it works!!

Thanks Kinoma!
    it's true that the youtube videos now work (thanks Kinoma!), but I noticed that the new "clear history and cache" feature doesn't appear to work properly. at least, it doesn't clear the history of searchs. maybe that was overlooked?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    ...I noticed that the new "clear history and cache" feature doesn't appear to work properly. at least, it doesn't clear the history of searchs. maybe that was overlooked?
    It wasn't designed to do that, but it seems logical that it should.

I'll make sure that we track this as a feature request for a future release...thanks!

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Hi Charles,

I'm having trouble streaming NASA TV on my Treo 755P using Kinoma Player 4 EX v 4.4.1 The audio streams o.k. but video freezes on the first frame (never refreshes) and I get the little orange "Unsupported video format" error message alternating with the "Live timeclock". NASA TV used to stream fine before the last update. They may have changed something or... ? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Handspring Treo 600 R.I.P. ...
    Insurance replacement Sprint Treo 755P ...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    I updated my Treo 755P with the latest firmware update for the sprint version. Since the update the Kinoma player as not been working. For example whenever I try to use it by clicking on an item I get the following messages.
    1. A library required to play this media item is missing. Run the Kinoma player 4 ex installer to reinstall the library.
    2. Unrecognized response.
    I have reinstalled the player from the download when I purchased the full version, and reinstalled from a back program but still it does not work.
    How do I download another version from your site?
    Also how do I make the Kinoma player my default player?
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    Makad,

Quote Originally Posted by makad View Post
    "A library required to play this media item is missing. Run the Kinoma player 4 ex installer to reinstall the library."
    Yep, that's exactly what you need to do. You can get a fresh installer by using our "lost key" form, and if that doesn't fix your problems just contact our support folks.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Quote Originally Posted by redshifted View Post
    I'm having trouble streaming NASA TV on my Treo 755P using Kinoma Player 4 EX v 4.4.1 The audio streams o.k. but video freezes on the first frame...
    Can you please send a note about the issue to "content" at our domain?

You can let us know about any problems with Kinoma Media Guide content there. We typically either fix it or let you know why we can't within a day.

Thanks!

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Can you please send a note about the issue to "content" at our domain?

You can let us know about any problems with Kinoma Media Guide content there. We typically either fix it or let you know why we can't within a day.

Thanks!

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Bit of a time warp between you and me I'll follow your instructions. I just checked and it's the NASA TV - Public Channel that freezes. The NASA TV - Media Channel seems to be working o.k. I'm just watching the Earth streaming by below the ISS on my Treo thanks to you

Thanks again!
    Handspring Treo 600 R.I.P. ...
    Insurance replacement Sprint Treo 755P ...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    I recently purchased Kinoma Player 4 EX (4.4.1) and use it on a 755p. One question is how does one capture the URL of online content in order to open the content in Kinoma? With Media Player Content it is fairly easy. But with Flash-based there does not appear to be a way to get the URL. This is true for video or audio. I've clicked on the links in web pages through Blazer, but get a message that I need to download FlashPlayer. Obviously, that is not going to work on a Palm OS.

Any thoughts?
    I just checked and it's the NASA TV - Public Channel that freezes.
    I can hear the stream fine, but I get "unsupported video format" for the video. I'll "mute" it in the guide and ask an engineer to investigate.

The NASA TV - Media Channel seems to be working o.k. I'm just watching the Earth streaming by below the ISS on my Treo thanks to you
    Wow, that is a nice viewl! (For anybody that wants to check it out, this is in Government > Live TV.)

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcase View Post
    One question is how does one capture the URL of online content in order to open the content in Kinoma? With Media Player Content it is fairly easy. But with Flash-based there does not appear to be a way to get the URL.
    That's an excellent question.

For YouTube, we provide in-application search and lots of interesting feeds (see Internet Video & Webcams > YouTube) to make this easy.

As you've found, Web (Blazer) is no help at all. So I typically use a PC to find the URL to the FLV, which sometimes involves sniffing network traffic.

Alternatively, you can download FLV files and put them on your card. I use a site called KeepVid for this. It's possible (I haven't yet tried it) that you could do the download using Web and then give the downloaded file a proper *.flv name all right on your device.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Charles - is it possible for Kinoma to ever interact with hulu? That'd just be badass ...
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

Quote Originally Posted by dreadpiratedoug View Post
    Charles - is it possible for Kinoma to ever interact with hulu? That'd just be badass ...
    Right now it's not possible because they're using codecs at bitrates that limit playback to PCs, but I'm going to try to contact them about providing mobile streams as well.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Right now it's not possible because they're using codecs at bitrates that limit playback to PCs, but I'm going to try to contact them about providing mobile streams as well.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    That'd be awesome - keep us updated!
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Will the 2008 March Madness on Demand - NCAA.com play on my Centro with the installed Kinoma Player 4.4.1 version in RAM?
    Quote Originally Posted by resturg View Post
    Will the 2008 March Madness on Demand - NCAA.com play on my Centro with the installed Kinoma Player 4.4.1 version in RAM?
    I'm afraid I don't know. I wasn't able to find any documentation for what format they're in, or find an example stream I could try for myself.

Any ideas?

-- Charles Wiltgen
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast