Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 137
  1. #81  
    Hmmmm why r u trying to bash ptunes?! Last I checked their product worked, streaming links and all. At least the one I listen like. Even Audiblie Player does background play. I'll take Palm OS hacks for $200 Alex.
    Styletap/Kinoma (not working) on the shelf for now, styletap/ptunes rockin out.
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Hmmmm why r u trying to bash ptunes?!...
    Who are you talking to?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  3. #83  
    Mr. Charles
  4. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I still like the other stuff it allows me to do, but I used it for NPR streaming more than anything else.
    west3man, NPR mostly streams in MP3 from what I've seen which works great with pTunes. Go check out http://www.publicradiofan.com and I think you can sort just by all the NPR broadcasts. You can even narrow it down by what NPR shows are playing now, or coming on soon.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    west3man, NPR mostly streams in MP3 from what I've seen which works great with pTunes. Go check out http://www.publicradiofan.com and I think you can sort just by all the NPR broadcasts. You can even narrow it down by what NPR shows are playing now, or coming on soon.
    Thanks, but I don't have the (expensive) Deluxe version of PTunes. The regular version can't stream, from what I understand.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  6. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Thanks, but I don't have the (expensive) Deluxe version of PTunes. The regular version can't stream, from what I understand.
    I don't know about 'expensive', but if you say so.

    I have both apps - Kinoma for videos and non-mp3 streams, and Ptunes for streaming mp3 and aacplus.

    What I love about Ptunes is that it runs the background. you can surf the web or whatever with the music still playing. If you make a call, it mutes, and restarts again once you're off your call.

    Dunno if we'll ever get a 'does it all' app, but until then I'm definitely using both.

    JMHO
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I don't know about 'expensive', but if you say so.
    Isn't regular price about $34.99?

    If that's not pricey, what is?

    Luckily, there have been some discounts available, recently, but I've had no luck finding a way to try out the Deluxe version before committing to it.

    At least Kinoma offers a discount to owners of newer Treo's.

    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I have both apps - Kinoma for videos and non-mp3 streams, and Ptunes for streaming mp3 and aacplus.

    What I love about Ptunes is that it runs the background. you can surf the web or whatever with the music still playing. If you make a call, it mutes, and restarts again once you're off your call.

    Dunno if we'll ever get a 'does it all' app, but until then I'm definitely using both.

    JMHO
    I hear ya. I definitely understand. PTunes' ability to play in the background is very convenient, but I'm very hesitant to pay for both Kinoma and PTunes. I think it's ridiculous to have to do so.

    Which ever program offers the most bang for my buck on the next generation Treo is the one I'll choose then. I plan to hold onto my 755p for quite a while, though, so Kinoma's it for me... for now.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  8. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Isn't regular price about $34.99?

    If that's not pricey, what is?

    Luckily, there have been some discounts available, recently, but I've had no luck finding a way to try out the Deluxe version before committing to it.
    Actually, it's $37.99!!!

    Well, I look at it this way... I listen to ptunes streams for about 7 hours during weekdays (talk radio and some music streams at work, and when I'm crashing at night, I tune in to somafm.com), and for 2-5 hours on the weekend.

    I have no other application that gets even close to that usage. Worth every penny, to me, and then some. But I understand your usage may, and probably would, differ.

    BTW, for those using ptunes deluxe, be sure to check out the Sleek series of skins. I love that you can "thumb" to the internet bookmarks, as opposed to drop down navigation needed with other skins!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  9. #89  
    Is Kinoma not working today?
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by makad View Post
    Is Kinoma not working today?
    Mine seems to be working.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  11. dlai's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    #91  
    Working here as well...
  12. #92  
    Kinoma cannot seem to play any of my YouTube bookmarks which worked last night - I get a Cannot Play - "filename" cannot be played error. It may be an unsupported fromat, incompatible with this handset, or an invalid file format - is Kinoma having any trouble?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

    Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
  13. hova's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Kinoma cannot seem to play any of my YouTube bookmarks which worked last night - I get a Cannot Play - "filename" cannot be played error. It may be an unsupported fromat, incompatible with this handset, or an invalid file format - is Kinoma having any trouble?
    Wow! Great, I thought I was going crazy. I tried streaming youtube content and was getting the same error message. Wonder if anyone else is having the same problem
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
  14. #94  
    Thank you - at least I'm not crazy either! :-)
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

    Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
  15. hova's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Thank you - at least I'm not crazy either! :-)
    Got this response back.



    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are able to reproduce the problem and we are investigating the problem.


    Regards,

    Kinoma Support


    --
    Kinoma Case ID: 40255
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Thank you - at least I'm not crazy either! :-)
    You're definitely not crazy! YouTube just broke something not more than a few minutes before you first posted, and we're investigating right now.

    I'll post an update once we learn what's up...

    -- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
  17. #97  
    Here's a problem with the builtin Kinoma player in the Centro's ROM:

    If I point Blazer to this web page and the click on the video, it resets the Centro 100% of the time:
    http://m.youtube.com/details?v=nldHFNdi81E&warned=1

    Until now, the player has been rock-solid for me. Other m.youtube.com videos that I've tried work fine in Kinoma.

    Thanks to Charles & his support team for their efforts.
  18. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Kinoma cannot seem to play any of my YouTube bookmarks which worked last night - I get a Cannot Play - "filename" cannot be played error. It may be an unsupported fromat, incompatible with this handset, or an invalid file format - is Kinoma having any trouble?
    I've had the same trouble since yesterday. Just checked, and still no joy. Pretty strange.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I've had the same trouble since yesterday. Just checked, and still no joy. Pretty strange.
    None I tried worked, either. I went to m.youtube.com and none worked there. Of course, that mobile version is not very Treo-friendly. It's hit or miss.

    Still, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a YouTube issue, as described.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by jae_63 View Post
    If I point Blazer to this web page and the click on the video, it resets the Centro 100% of the time:
    http://m.youtube.com/details?v=nldHFNdi81E&warned=1
    I had our engineers look into this and I posted a reponse to your original note. In case you didn't see it yet, we found that the top video on that page is corrupted.

    If try this page in your desktop browser and try to play that same video with QuickTime Player, it won't crash your PC but it will choke on the 12 second video less than half a second into it.

    -- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions