Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Can somebody post the update? For some reason its not letting me download it OTA to my 680
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    Can somebody post the update? For some reason its not letting me download it OTA to my 680
    Why not just do it through a computer?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I'm in Oklahoma and we got hit by that really bad ice storm the other week. Power is finally back on at home, but no internet/cable/phone yet.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    I'm VERY unhappy with Kinoma

Any hit on an application key (while on my hip), or any event like an email received, interupts Kinoma -- and brings it to an absolute STOP.

Why does it not play in background ????

I've already paid for Kinoma but its useless for me in its current form

is PTunes my only alternative ??
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    I'm VERY unhappy with Kinoma

Any hit on an application key (while on my hip), or any event like an email received, interupts Kinoma -- and brings it to an absolute STOP.

Why does it not play in background ????

I've already paid for Kinoma but its useless for me in its current form

is PTunes my only alternative ??
    Maybe you (and I, for that matter) should consider using the keyguard option, if you don't, already.

I disabled mine months, ago, but it's probably the best way to avoid what you describe... that I'm aware of, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Maybe you (and I, for that matter) should consider using the keyguard option, if you don't, already.

I disabled mine months, ago, but it's probably the best way to avoid what you describe... that I'm aware of, anyway.
    If only it were so ...

I use Keyguard -- and it does not protect against hits to the applications keys, or against internal messages (i.e. email reception notices, etc.)

I even went so far as to modify the default application key settings (that ones can be changed) to Kinoma -- but that still leaves the "home" and "phone" keys which can't be changed -- and any hit on those STOPS Kinoma COLD.

I wish they'd they fix this GIGANTIC bug instead of adding more listings to their media browser, or features...
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    If only it were so ...

I use Keyguard -- and it does not protect against hits to the applications keys, or against internal messages (i.e. email reception notices, etc.)
    Dang. You're right.

Seems like a Palm issue as much as Kinoma (if not moreso).
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Dang. You're right.

Seems like a Palm issue as much as Kinoma (if not moreso).
    Sadly, it appears to be as much a Kinoma programming incompetence issue -- since at least PTunes (and Real Player too ??) have mastered the play in background tweaks needed ...

Its as though they don't understand or care about this.
    Your tone is getting a little too much. I think we all got the point the first time.

It does not appear to be a bug though. That is a feature that hasn't been added yet and they have not claimed to have added it yet. Huge difference.

Reviews have harped on that issue too so it shouldn't be a surprise.
    It seems that the workaround disables/inhibits Kinoma's ability to resume podcast playback from the same point. Without the workaround in-place, I can't listen to NPR podcasts, though - and they are usually the ones that I most want/need resumed.

Very unfortunate. I hope the NPR server situation is resolved soon.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    I have received this message for numerous videos or radio stations that I tried to stream (out of the media guide) and get this: "cannot be played. It may be an unsupported format, incompatible with this handheld, or an invalid file". I have been assuming themessage is accurate, but maybe there's a bug?
    It sounds like the same bug we've been discussing, shneor. after a while, when you try Kinoma again, it all works, right? but when it goes bad, nothing seems to work?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    The play in background issue has been mentioned, and we just have to wait. We know it can be done because pTunes does it. We also know pTunes can play OGG format, and I hope they add this as well.

While I agree with the statement that they should spend more time on other features first versus maybe the media guide, we all know it takes time.

I am FULLY confident that Charles and Kinoma will come through with at least the 2 options I mentioned and any other options users are requesting that can be done.

The nice thing about Kinoma is that you actually HEAR from someone there. With pTunes, I dont know who is around or who to gripe too for some things. Like mainly the price of the dang software. I mean yeah its cool, but it is ONLY a music program.

And like i've said, if the music portion of Kinoma can get close to that, I am willing to drop pTunes. It is only a matter of time before they get there.

NormSoft charges WAY too much for an audio program when you compare it to what Kinoma charges for what we get. They really need to lower it to $27.95 or something, because $37.95 is a pure rip off for PT.

Anyway, give it time, and i'm sure you'll see lots of new things from Kinoma. They have already done a great job to getting it where it is now.
    I disagree, at this point Ptunes is worth the extra $$. I know Ptunes will work every time I tune into a internet radio station, I don't get any of the odd errors that I get from Kinoma.

Plus I can surf the net, reply to txt, write docs, whatever, That alone is worth the extra cash.

Kinoma is too much $$ IMHO, for a product that isn't quite ready for primetime.

For me the internet radio, podcast and general media streaming, it the only reason why I bought it and it doesn't do that very well.

Ptunes does a great job of "AUDIO ONLY" and does it well. Kinoma is not quite a competitor, yet. Soon they will be, but as of now, Ptunes and TCPMP are my preferred and suggested media apps.
    I will say that Kinoma has done a very good job with its media library. The content there is very comprehensive. They really have that over pTunes, although the background play of pTunes is a very useful feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    I disagree, at this point Ptunes is worth the extra $$. I know Ptunes will work every time I tune into a internet radio station, I don't get any of the odd errors that I get from Kinoma.

Plus I can surf the net, reply to txt, write docs, whatever, That alone is worth the extra cash.

Kinoma is too much $$ IMHO, for a product that isn't quite ready for primetime.

For me the internet radio, podcast and general media streaming, it the only reason why I bought it and it doesn't do that very well.

Ptunes does a great job of "AUDIO ONLY" and does it well. Kinoma is not quite a competitor, yet. Soon they will be, but as of now, Ptunes and TCPMP are my preferred and suggested media apps.
    does TCPMP also play in background ?? What does PTunes do that makes it worth the extra cost ?? (internet radio ??)
    TCPMP does not play in the background. I thought the price of ptunes was less than $30. I know they have a full price but as all of the treos released after 650 all have the bundled version of ptunes which makes you eligible for the upgrade cost, I'm not sure that comparing the full price anymore is really valid for most of us.

For me, the internet radio and background mode are all worth the money. I don't watch youtube or other internet videos all that much.
    TCPMP is vidz.......
    Yep ptunes is worth it. every link works!!!!!!!! That's Huge.
    For the $29.99 upgrade it is about on par. I popped my CD in and went to pTunes that was on the CD clicked upgrade and it took me to a page for $30. I'm also using the 700p.

The bugs in Kinoma i'm not sure about cause I haven't really used it TONS.

The background option is a GREAT thing for PT, but like I said, I have no doubt Kinoma will make that a go. And as far as the radio deal, there are MANY in the program deal, and the rest you can just bookmark and play those as well.

But again, the lack of exiting the program means you have to listen to the stream while in it.

IMHO I think that one minor tweak (and adding ogg since we are approaching 2008) would totally kick Kinoma up a notch. Because I am the same way. Its nice to txt a person while I am streaming a song, or even playing a song from my files, or checking my schedule, or maybe playing some Sudoku.

This is why I use PT most of the time, as music is my main deal over videos. For the video stuff though, paying the $14 I did for Kinoma was a steal and I didnt feel like I paid too much for a few lacking features.

Hopefully all of the bugs people talk about get fixed, and we have seen an EXTENSIVE list of updates each time, so hopefully the next one will have that, and the ADDED features some have long been awaiting.

I think the first time I used Kinoma was a year ago, I decided to play some music on a bus ride to Denver, and for the longest time I was like... How the heck do I exit this program to do something else. Everytime I exited, it stopped. I then realized I HAD to stay in the program, and this was kind of frustrating for the length of the trip. I didnt want to exit and restart and exit and restart, so I ended up using PT.
    Yep, that is why I have issue with Kinoma, background use and bad links.

I'm sure they will get it worked out too
    How vould you get it for $14? The version on the 700p does not qualify for the upgrade cost. I only ever remember seeing it for $20 (on sale) and $25.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast