Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I have a Sprint 700P (which I have had since June 2006) as well as the insurance (Asurion). I applied the MR via SD card when it came out (June '07). Things ran better but not great.

Now I am having harware issues with the 700P and am planning to call Asurion to get an insured replacement.

If I'm going to go through the hassle of switching phones (and paying the $50.00 ) is there a way I can get a 755P (instead of another 700P)? Any advice would be appreciated. I'm in contract until June 2008 with Sprint so leaving for another carrier doesn't seem to be a viable option.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    I was told by Sprint that the best thing to do is to take the phone to a Sprint store. I have heard that you may get more personal service that way.
    I have done both, and my experience was that, while the Assurion reps were fine to work with, I doubt they will exchange to another model.
    I did find that if I took my 700P back to a Sprint store with onsite tech support, they often will replace the phone there, and save you the deductible. I suspect you will more likely get what you want there. Then use the Assurion as a second resort.
    I did an asurion replacement last week over the phone. They were out of 700p. I got a 700wx. I called because it wasn't palm os and they sent me a 690p centro.
    I went with the "It doesn't hurt to ask", the Asurion rep replaced my 650 with a 700 on the Verizon side. I was polite and basically said, "Is there any chance of getting a 700 instead of a 650?"

They had to check stock level - and said yup, i have a 700 to send you.

So basically - ask! I'm sure Sprint has "rules" in place for the replacements, but it can't hurt to ask the phone rep!
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    You're not going to believe this but I just got off the phone with Asurion and a Blue 755P is on the way. Thanks for the advice!
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Thanks for the update. I'm glad to know that will work.
  7. thi
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I've been doing some research on the key differences b/t the 700 and 755. Besides the battery, antenna & a few extra apps.
    1. Does the 755p have a better screen resolution?
    2. Some one posted that the 755 has a higher rev software (rev a)? If so is it noticeably faster?
    3. Does blazer perform faster as a result.

I have a 700p MR currently, is the $50 Asurion upgrade worth it? I've had the 650, 700wx, ppc6700, and just received the 700p through an in-store replacement for about a week now. It works flawlessly w/o any problems at all.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thi View Post
    I've been doing some research on the key differences b/t the 700 and 755. Besides the battery, antenna & a few extra apps.
    1. Does the 755p have a better screen resolution?
    2. Some one posted that the 755 has a higher rev software (rev a)? If so is it noticeably faster?
    3. Does blazer perform faster as a result.

I have a 700p MR currently, is the $50 Asurion upgrade worth it? I've had the 650, 700wx, ppc6700, and just received the 700p through an in-store replacement for about a week now. It works flawlessly w/o any problems at all.
    I'll let you know when the 755 arrives and I check it out. I have heard that the screen is somewhat better, not necessarily higher res just more vibrant (possibly better backlighting). I'll put them side by side and let you know. The 755's I have had the opportunity to try (for a few minutes) seemed to be very fast and I never had an issue with Blazer loading and running fast (unlike my 700P).

The 755 has more of a "plastic feel" and reportedly a lower quality build (plastic stylus, cheaper buttons, etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    You're not going to believe this but I just got off the phone with Asurion and a Blue 755P is on the way. Thanks for the advice!
    Glad it worked for you!
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Well, the 755 is great. Form factor is much better. Screen is more vibrant (color wise) than 700P but not necessarily better IMO. (Higher contrast does not necessarily make it better).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    Glad it worked out for you and thanks for posting your experience. I'm in almost exactly the same situation as you were. Tried it but my timing was bad...."...we cannot ship you a 755p because we have 700p's in stock and must ship those as a replacement to your 700p first...". Logical, but frustrating. Didn't do the deal; said thanks and hung up. Will try again and see how it goes. I have a substantial family plan and have been a long time customer as well but sounds like its all about the stock at the time of the claim.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    I just got off the phone with Asurion and they said they are sending me a 700p
    even though I asked for a 755. This may sound strange but I really wanted a 700p and I figured the best way to get it was to ask for a 755. I also have a 755 and I find that the battery life on the 700p is a lot better. Also all of my gps maps areon an sd card and I have not found a micro card to hold all of them.
    The one difference from Asurion this time however is that they are sending the phone via express shipping instead of normal ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald600 View Post
    I just got off the phone with Asurion and they said they are sending me a 700p
    even though I asked for a 755. This may sound strange but I really wanted a 700p and I figured the best way to get it was to ask for a 755. I also have a 755 and I find that the battery life on the 700p is a lot better. Also all of my gps maps areon an sd card and I have not found a micro card to hold all of them.
    The one difference from Asurion this time however is that they are sending the phone via express shipping instead of normal ground.
    My replacement 700P arrived this morning. It has the new upgrade in it and it also has a larger battery than my prior 700p. This phone came in a referbished box , but it looks new. It works alot better than the one it replaces