1.    #1  
    What would you all suggest is the easiest screen protector to apply? I have tried the cut-to-fit Palm branded ones and have had very little luck with getting them to look good. I also tried an Invisible Shield and blew it on my first shot. Also the IS one makes me nervous with how sticky it is. I want something that is not going to look like crap and is easily removable if it gets ruined.
    You know I was just thinking about some form of protection for the screen, but for other reasons.

Everytime I get out the Centro, I find myself wiping stuff from the corners of the screen. I feel like the.... maid.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Usually thicker ones are less likely to get air bubble. But really all you need is a credit card to help you to apply.

Put one side on first, use the credit card to slowly push the protector down, if you see bubble, go back a bit and push again. It takes a few minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    You know I was just thinking about some form of protection for the screen, but for other reasons.

Everytime I get out the Centro, I find myself wiping stuff from the corners of the screen. I feel like the.... maid.
    probably makeup, yeah? me too..lol Qtips are your friend.

To the OP: I had an InvisiShield on my 650 that my son now has, and I can guarantee you, those things are indestructible - he's 15. TRUST ME. If you get one "installed" at a kiosk in the mall (SLC had one!) you can probably rest assured that even if you dropped your centro and the screen broke (which I believe, although this is MY opinion, not that of Invisishield, that it could potentially prevent a screen break) that screen protector would hold it all together... that's how strong and sticky it is. I loved it on the 650, it gave all my screen taps much more accuracy and had a good "feel" about it.
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
  5.    #5  
    Yeah maybe I just need someone to install it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post
    probably makeup, yeah? me too..lol Qtips are your friend.

To the OP: I had an InvisiShield on my 650 that my son now has, and I can guarantee you, those things are indestructible - he's 15. TRUST ME. If you get one "installed" at a kiosk in the mall (SLC had one!) you can probably rest assured that even if you dropped your centro and the screen broke (which I believe, although this is MY opinion, not that of Invisishield, that it could potentially prevent a screen break) that screen protector would hold it all together... that's how strong and sticky it is. I loved it on the 650, it gave all my screen taps much more accuracy and had a good "feel" about it.
    hey bek, did you have any trouble seeing "through" it ? i mean was the screen still clear? some other peeps on here have said that it gives the screen a "sparkly" or grainy appearance.

what's your opinion? just curious, cuz i've been thinkin about IS but i want my screen to be clear also. so i've been goin' back and forth between them and the seidio and spartphone experts. i just can't decide
    I got my Seidio screen protector yesterday and made the mistake of trying to install it during a meeting. Needless to say i got what looks like a small tear stain underneath the screen. I took it off for later reapplication.

Does anyone know if you can clean and re-apply the Seidio screen protector?

Thanks.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    I got my Seidio screen protector yesterday and made the mistake of trying to install it during a meeting. Needless to say i got what looks like a small tear stain underneath the screen. I took it off for later reapplication.

Does anyone know if you can clean and re-apply the Seidio screen protector?

Thanks.
    From the Siedo website (if you bought the "Ultimate"):

Hate using an adhesive to apply your screen protectors? These new screen protectors are applied using static alone! They are completely removable* AND reusable.
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    I'm a fan of Seido. I had tried Fellowes, and in the past I've used InvisiShield. My only issue with InvisiShield is that it really does grip and I would be very afraid to try to remove it for replacement. Now you might not need to do that for quite some time, but you never know and I wouldn't want to bank on not needing to do it for 2 years.

The Fellowes suck. Don't bother. You can get them on with little trouble but they scratch easily (show stylus marks), and if you are a female and wear makeup, for some reason the Fellowes just suck it right off your face. My phone looks slimy and beige when I hang up using Fellowes.

Seido stick by static so getting them off is no problem, and to my surprise they don't get all yucky from my makeup. I've found the best way for me to apply screen savers is to run the back of it under water and shake shake shake off the excess, then slowly apply and using something that you can scrape the bubbles out with. You can't use a credit card...it's too big. You need to find something else. I reuse the scraper that came with my InvisiShield kit for whatever device I last installed those on.
    Does the centro not come with a screen protector like all the other treos? I just got the black centro and didn't find anything in the box?
    I have Boxwave screen protectors on my Treos, and I recently reviewed the Smartphone Experts one for my Centro.

As for the Smartphone Experts unit, I didn't wash it, or need to, but I did remove and reinstall it seveeral times, to test whether that would work. It did just fine. Overall, I rate the SPE product as good as the Boxwave, at a third of the cost.

Harv Laser, who I think might have reviewed the Boxwaves a long while ago, says they are washable/re-applyable. I've never tried washing mine - although I removed and re-applied after a month or so on my Treo 680.

The Centro does not come with a screen protector. No biggie. The ones included with the Treos are none too thrilling, anyway.

The SPE product isn't quite as thick, and that reduces the amount of pressure needed to activate the touch screen. The Boxwaves are a bit stiff.

Jay
    Jay Gross
    TreoCentral writer
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Sprint Treo 650, drowned Sprint Treo 700P, Treo 700w, and a crimson Treo 680 (yeah!), plus a red Centro
    I use the one below I buy on ebay for my 755, and cut one down for my wife's Centro. They are the sticky feeling kind but remove with no trouble at all. I use either a folded business card or a box of matches, as a credit card is too big for the Centro screen, to run out the air as I lay it down. Like Whatever7 said, start at one end and work your way down. By the way, I've been using these for years on my 650. Pretty inexpensive for a dozen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-SCREEN-PROTEC...sid=p1638.m118
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I have by far the easiest and cheapest screen protector on my Centro. I went to Staples and asked the Copy Center for a single overhead transparency sheet. They charged me $0.09 for it. I then used the paper trimmer they had there to cut out a square that was 1-11/16" x 1-11/16". I then slid the corners of that square under the edges of the screen border, and worked it into place. It holds in place well, although you can remove it easily if you try. It is practically invisible and is easy to work through. Plus, I could probably make a dozen from one $0.09 sheet.

Another bonus is that if you want a matte finish (for a pen-on-paper feel), you can use an inkjet transparency.