1.    #1  
    Just wondering if it is possible to connect to the internet on my treo 700p through my blackberry and it's unlimited data plan?
    What bluetooth profiles would need to be used?
    Or would I need a specific program to do so?
    Thanks everyone.

Cell Geek
    Doubtful. Although either one can connect independently. But, you know that.
    Matty
    How would we know. go to a BB forum..doh

Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    Just wondering if it is possible to connect to the internet on my treo 700p through my blackberry and it's unlimited data plan?
    What bluetooth profiles would need to be used?
    Or would I need a specific program to do so?
    Thanks everyone.

Cell Geek
  4.    #4  
    I thought this applied more to the Treo. As the previous post pionted out, each can connect on thier own (DUN) I was wondering if the Treo had some profile that would allow it to use another phone's DUN profile to connect.

More simply, my question is:
    Can the TREO connect to the internet via bluetooth, through any other source.
    I think this is akin to something called "Reverse DUN", which you can search the forum for. As I understand it, for some reason, people wanted to use their laptop WiFi connection to connect their Treos to the internet. To me, the motivation for doing that is questionable, but some people had their reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    I think this is akin to something called "Reverse DUN", which you can search the forum for. As I understand it, for some reason, people wanted to use their laptop WiFi connection to connect their Treos to the internet. To me, the motivation for doing that is questionable, but some people had their reasons.
    I'm one of those people who wanted to use reverse DUN. I wanted to do this in order to use my TREO 700P to connect to the internet so I could watch Sprint TV, use EVDO, etc., and my Sprint phone signal at my house is minimal to non-existant. I never figured out a way to do it- bluetooth didn't have enough range, and the Treo can't do wi-fi.

Ultimately I found that after I updated my PRL, I could get Nextel fairly well (go figure!), and now the two are integrated here for EVDO.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    I have found a great deal of info on reverse Dun.
    Thank you for the suggestions.

I appears reverse Dun is usually done through a computer, rather than another cell phone. Reverse Dun can be done on the Treo using Active Sync or Missing Link. I think I will try connecting my laptop to the internet via Dun through my blackberry and then reverse dun from my laptop to my Treo. I don't see a problem so long as the bluetooth can handle both profiles simultaneously.

Thank you for the help. Any more suggestions are appreciated.
    I've used the palm os (on a t5) to connect to the internet through my treo 650. so I think it's possible to have treo 700 connect through another device, the tough part is having the black berry provode that service to the treo. I got dn working from laptop and use bb internet connection, bit it's tricky, search online. I tried to replicate the setup with treo connect thru my 8800 but no luck, I too wanted to get this to work, I'll let you know if I do