Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    I think a lot of the people on here might be missing a key feature that I want to make everyone understands.

Versamail can do Microsoft Active Exchange Server in the back round in full sync with email. contacts and calender. This is as good if not better than Blackberry service. All you need to do to this is an Email service that has MS Exchange Email, Mail2web.com or you're work. Then use Outlook with your Exchange account on your desktop to aggregate your other email accounts via POP if necessary and they will all be in sync, contacts, and Calendar. Make one change on your desktop and you're Centro gets updated minutes or seconds later and vise-versa, this is so cool. This is true PUSH email no pressing "get" or "sync"

Therefore once you set this up on your Centro no more reason to sync with your desktop. Move things to a SD card and on to your phone if you need to add apps or email them to your self.

Thats my wireless active sync solution and at it will cost you max 4.95 a month more.

Long time lurker and this phone blows away my piece of junk 700p.

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by bignoze; 11/01/2007 at 08:51 PM.
    Wow! That was great. I just got my Centro and followed your information and bam, updated! Thanks so much for the info.
    I still need to sync to the desktop because tasks and memos do not sync over the air.
    Hear more talk about my Centro and other industry news, go to thecellphonejunkie.com for a great weekly cell & smartphone podcast.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Bignoze -

Thanks for the information, but maybe I'm not clear on how to set this up. At work, we use Outlook; however, work does not allow personal devices connected to the network.

In order to get my calendar from work, I use SyncMyCalc to sync with google calendar. Then at home, SyncMyCalc updates Outlook for me which is what I hotsync to with my Centro.

I there a better way to implement this with mail2web?

Thanks. Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by iFalcon View Post
    Bignoze -

Thanks for the information, but maybe I'm not clear on how to set this up. At work, we use Outlook; however, work does not allow personal devices connected to the network.

In order to get my calendar from work, I use SyncMyCalc to sync with google calendar. Then at home, SyncMyCalc updates Outlook for me which is what I hotsync to with my Centro.

I there a better way to implement this with mail2web?

Thanks. Kent
    My work does not allow personal devices, either. For me, I used the default settings in the set up, providing my full e-mail address (if someone were to try to e-mail me from outside the company), and my morning login for name and password. My email, calendar and contacts are syncing great. Task and memos unfortunately don't. I don't use memos so no biggie there, but tasks is painful. I've been trying to retrain myself to set up tasks but use a category. That way they are a different color on my calendar and I can dismiss it once it's done.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    French -

I saw your other post about your child. I hope everything is well.

I confused on your setup. Can you give more detail instructions on how you configured (exchange) or whatever you are doing for a wireless or wired sync? I wasn't able to grasp the details.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    French -

I sounds like you are using the mail2web. Is that correct? I've been using the mail2web live free service. Perhaps I have to upgrade to the 4.95 a month plan under the personal tab.
    Quote Originally Posted by iFalcon View Post
    French -

I sounds like you are using the mail2web. Is that correct? I've been using the mail2web live free service. Perhaps I have to upgrade to the 4.95 a month plan under the personal tab.
    No, I think I'm using owa. In all honesty, I'm kind of an ***** when it comes to this. I don't pay anything for the access I have. If you want, we can take this offline (via PM) and I can try to explain what I have set up and see if the same thing works for you.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I just set up my MS exchange account on my centro's versa mail. It works great, but I don't get the push part of it. I still need to push sync at versa mail or set it up for an automatic sync every x minutes. So could you or someone else elaborate on "This is true PUSH email no pressing "get" or "sync"" part.

Thanks
    My primary sync computer is my personal one. For work I get the Exchange push, and installed Palm Desktop on my work PC with only Tasks and Memo conduits set to sync. Before leaving the office I sync my Centro over bluetooth to get Memos and Tasks. Works fine.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    so does everybody got this working? I have had the centro for over 3 months and this works perfect.

I have never connected my Centro to a computer and its in perfect sync.
    I have an office pc that does not allow personal devices (except through OWA). I have a home pc with outlook online all the time.

I have installed free plaxo on both machines. Both machines keep constantly sync'd with plaxo; ie make one change on work, it updates plaxo, which updates home.

I should mention an advantage of plaxo is if anyone in your contact list is a member it updates their contact info when they update their email; phone number etc... In this case it auto updates your contact info for them; which auto updates work and home in my case.

I then setup my palm to sync wirelessly over data with my home pc (which is on all the time). I setup the phone to only sync contacts, address, calendar, datebook, tasks. This reduces the amount of time it takes to sync over the air.

I have tried changing the info of a contact on my palm, doing sync over the air, and watch the work machine update with the new info.

So; to clarify, make change to contact on palm > hotsync wirelessly > updates home (by hotsync) > auto updates plaxo > auto updates work.

or

plaxo contact updates their info > auto updates your plaxo address book > auto updates work and home > hotsync updates palm.

The only thing I don't like about this is you have to hotsync (a manual operation) your palm to make it happen. Otherwise it's free and works well.

This does NOT address email; for that I use OWA with Chatteremail.

Sco