Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    The early prototypes were white and looked like puke in the leaked photos - especially the keyboard. They could have fixed it, maybe, but the black and red models that made it into production look 1M times better.
    That was a different phone: the 500v, the Centro's cousin, which still retains the wider shape and different keyboard and buttons.

http://enterprise.vodafone.com/site/...almtreo500.jsp
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    That's nice Shelly! Gabby loves cherries!

I see you put a wrist strap on it. I was thinking about a lanyard, but haven't picked one up yet, but I do have 3 cases already that I don't use. -LOL

I suspect Sprint is going to see a LOT of returns for this red model.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    There was some mention of having the phone in other colors. You should contact Skinit and see what parts of the phone get covered. I don't know but I would think its the whole phone, not the chrome buttons. They have several solid colors to choose from. I don't think people would know its a black phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    There was some mention of having the phone in other colors. You should contact Skinit and see what parts of the phone get covered. I don't know but I would think its the whole phone, not the chrome buttons. They have several solid colors to choose from. I don't think people would know its a black phone.
    Actually there is a hot pink one coming out soon. Not sure if it's a best buy exclusive or anything but here is a pic someone on sprintusers found on palm's site:

http://www.laursifer.com/su_stuffs/Pink_Centro.jpg
    diane
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRobin View Post
    That was a different phone: the 500v, the Centro's cousin, which still retains the wider shape and different keyboard and buttons.

http://enterprise.vodafone.com/site/...almtreo500.jsp
    Um, no. I'm talking about the Centro spy shots. I know about the 500v. I see they've been removed from the palminfocenter article I remembered at the request of Palm legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    That's nice Shelly! Gabby loves cherries!

I see you put a wrist strap on it. I was thinking about a lanyard, but haven't picked one up yet, but I do have 3 cases already that I don't use. -LOL

I suspect Sprint is going to see a LOT of returns for this red model.
    Thanks Mel! Why would Sprint see returns for this red model?
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    Thanks Mel! Why would Sprint see returns for this red model?
    I think she meant black centro returns for red centros.
    diane
    oh heheh! well mel, if you get a red, you probably won't want to cover it up a wrist strap will do just fine
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    Actually there is a hot pink one coming out soon. Not sure if it's a best buy exclusive or anything but here is a pic someone on sprintusers found on palm's site:

Do you think that is pink? Could be a red one with different lighting.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    i think it's the lighting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post

There's a phone in that picture??
  12. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Looks like hot pink to me. And I checked it with my Pantone Monitor Calibrator thing and it came up as a fuschia PMS color.
    I'm returning the red. I prefer the black. Since I'm using mine in the office as well as for personal, the black just looks more professional. But to each their own.

Now if they came out with PINK...I might just say to heck with professionalism.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Those of you swapping your blacks for reds, did you all call in to get an RMA before heading to the store? Any issues with that?
    I thought the red was way too bright. Just bought five Centros ($50 a pop) and they all came in red. Was quite peeved as when I put the order in it wasn't even out yet. So my rep directed me to a store and they just switched them all out for black. Even the one girl in our group said the red was a little much. On the business end of things I think subdued colors are better.

That being said, if you need a red one in the philly area, go hit the store in King of Prussia. They now have plenty of them.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123