Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    we both got red ones today :-)
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    Yep. I just did this morning. All I needed was an email from Sprint saying I could do the exchange.
    I second that request... would like to see how the red really looks.
  3. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    *grumble*

So far not one of the locals has them and one of them said they expected them Thursday and still don't have them.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    ack! where in the bay?! I will drive there!!!!!
    Pleasanton Store, off of Johnson drive. Not sure how many they had but he had them in the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
    Post some pics of those red Centros. I would like to see a real production unit.
    Please see here:

http://the-gadgeteer.com/review/palm_centro_smartphone
    FYI - The Gadgeteer pics colors are accurate. I got mine Friday in Indianapolis and love it. Not a red person, but loved the color. I found a red case at Wilson's Leather Outlet that is the same exact color and perfect fit, they look great together.
    No more lost phones in my purse or black car, I can see this one.
    I will have it at the Colts/Patriots game. Look for red phone in sea of blue, GO COLTS
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    Great pics gfong. I would still love to see a picture of one "In the wild".

Thanks,
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Here's another set of pictures. It looks like a warm red in this set - I imagine since it has a gold pearly finish that it's more of an orange red than a blue red which means it's BRIGHT.

The Engadget pics were taken under what looks like flourescent lighting which would produce a truer color, so I'm thinking CHRISTMAS-RED. :-)
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/27/h...e-palm-centro/
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Looking at Sprint's web site, you can pick up the Centro for 99 without waiting for a rebate. Requires the 2 year contract.
    Last edited by MobileBiz; 11/04/2007 at 08:32 AM.
    You can get it for $99 through Jan. 12th I think it was but I don't think with Sero, that's the catch. Maybe they extended the Nov. 3rd date, I didn't see anything?
    I just bought one online for "Total One-Time Charge" of $99. I upgraded a phone on our family plan that was out of contract so I extended the contract 24 months. But I like that I don't have to mess with rebates or buy an expensive vision plan.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    You can get it for $99 through Jan. 12th I think it was but I don't think with Sero, that's the catch. Maybe they extended the Nov. 3rd date, I didn't see anything?
    It is $99 w/ no MIR on the SERO site as well...
    You're right there's no MIR now, just instant savings and a web special. It doesn't say how long those will last so you might order the red ones quick.
    I also picked up a red one today. The store only had 2. They only got 4 of the HTC Touches...and sold half of those within 30 seconds of opening the store.

I'm not sure how I feel about the red yet. I think the keys are harder to see. The black is a little more incogneto (sp??) and I do take mine to meetings. I'm going to stick with it for a few days, but I might just end up keeping the black. I can always get a case that has a snazzy color if I want to feel "dressed up". But I will say the red is easier to find in my purse or on the car seat.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Thanks Carterism! I have a black Centro now. I am not sure if red is for me. I sure wish they had Burgundy like in the 755p or Artic white in the 680.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
    Thanks Carterism! I have a black Centro now. I am not sure if red is for me. I sure wish they had Burgundy like in the 755p or Artic white in the 680.
    Try checking out one in person. Maybe that will help you decide. I do wish they came out with an Artic white too. That would have been my first choice.
    diane
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    Try checking out one in person. Maybe that will help you decide. I do wish they came out with an Artic white too. That would have been my first choice.
    The early prototypes were white and looked like puke in the leaked photos - especially the keyboard. They could have fixed it, maybe, but the black and red models that made it into production look 1M times better.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    I want Navy blue!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
    It is $99 w/ no MIR on the SERO site as well...
    With or without SERO, it is $99 AND there is a new mail-in rebate for $50:
    http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image..._V5768855_.pdf
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast