I like the way they added a search within Kinoma....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    I like the way they added a search within Kinoma....
    Agreed, the search function is nice as is the improved play with the screen off. I was experiencing a lot of buffering that way in earlier versions. The continued development of this app is greatly appreciated.
    Anyone able to get WFAN on kinoma
    Sweet! The Search function on youtube works so far!
    Sprint Treo 700p
    Transcend 150x 4GB SD card
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Agreed, the search function is nice as is the improved play with the screen off. I was experiencing a lot of buffering that way in earlier versions.
    Great! I'm glad to hear that the update solved that problem for you.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Search engine is huge. Nice work.

Now if you could just apply it to the Kinoma media base. I find it takes a long time to find something like CarTalk by browsing up and down through the categories.
    Charles, is support for .ogg format on the horizon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    Search engine is huge. Nice work.
    We're glad you like it! I'll pass your compliments to the cooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    Now if you could just apply it to the Kinoma media base. I find it takes a long time to find something like CarTalk by browsing up and down through the categories.
    That's helpful feedback, thanks!

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Charles, is support for .ogg format on the horizon?
    Not the near horizon, but we keep an eye on it. Right now, it doesn't appear to be gaining momentum.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Also, just noticed that the mobile youtube site is using an audio format called amr, which Kinoma doesn't seem to support. I know that Kinoma supports the full YouTube version, but the mobile version tends to have smaller files, and so buffers better.

Unless this is a new format, the built-in Kinoma player seemed to handle it just fine. Can you provide any insight?
    Quote Originally Posted by NV43345 View Post
    Sweet! The Search function on youtube works so far!
    I just bought it.
    how do i search youtube???
    i clicked on the little globe... but I didn't see a search feature.

please let me get some help, because i only bought Kinoma for youtube.
    Tap on Kinoma Media Guide, then tap on Search.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fully_Amazing View Post
    I just bought it.
    how do i search youtube???
    i clicked on the little globe... but I didn't see a search feature.

please let me get some help, because i only bought Kinoma for youtube.

Me too, after being on the fence for six months I finally bought it. This type of innovation deserves a purchase. Keep up the good work Kinoma!
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Also, just noticed that the mobile youtube site is using an audio format called amr, which Kinoma doesn't seem to support. [...] Can you provide any insight?
    That's correct...Kinoma Player doesn't include an AMR decoder, and so m.youtube.com requires a phone-style Palm device (Treo or Centro).

-- Charles Wiltgen