Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've called around to a dozen stores in the Northern Virginia area this morning and every single one of them not only says that they don't have the 755p, but they say they don't PLAN to have it. So what's the deal with that? I thought this thing was supposed to be released today.
    I thought I had heard the 14th.
    Wait for the Centro...you will be much happier!
    Quote Originally Posted by dstudboy1 View Post
    Wait for the Centro...you will be much happier!
    I totally agree with this. I jumped from VZW to Sprint for the 755P, and then when the Centro came out I went to the store to look. I bought it and haven't looked back. It's better in every way.

Having said that, some of the small issues I experienced with the Sprint 755P may not exist with the VZW 755P since they took so much longer to test and release.

But Centro is great because it is overall more stable (resets, bluetooth connections, etc.), AND the form factor is awesome.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    If I recall correctly, Nov. 16 was another date offered by a poster on Howardforums for the 755p. I haven't seen ANY rumors about the Centro on Verizon, but it would be at least 3 months after the Sprint release since they have a 90-day exclusivity agreement. And knowing Verizon, it will be MUCH later than that....
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
    If I recall correctly, Nov. 16 was another date offered by a poster on Howardforums for the 755p. I haven't seen ANY rumors about the Centro on Verizon, but it would be at least 3 months after the Sprint release since they have a 90-day exclusivity agreement. And knowing Verizon, it will be MUCH later than that....
    I don't remember seeing a 11/16 date... I was going by this story & picture here.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Yeah...I was just adding a rumor of another date. As for that Verizon release list, I think after much back and forth the consensus is that an empty space where the dates should be means that the release date is not set yet, rather than a list of a bunch of phones scheduled to be released on one day.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Why would Verizon feel the need to release a Centro any time in the foreseeable future? The 755P and the Centro are so similar that they would probably just skip the Centro and wait for the next Treo. Anyway, even if Verizon was thinking of releasing the Centro, by the time they tested and released it at Verizon, it would be 2009. Not sure I could wait that long. And I'm not too convinced the 755P will actually show up any time soon at VZW.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    The value to Verizon would be that they could offer the Centro for $99 vs the $399 or so for the 755p. While many people may be able to use either device, the two devices are definitely marketed to different groups. The 755p was officially announced by Verizon (with no specific release date) so I'm pretty sure that it is coming, but until they announce/release the Centro I'm not actually convinced Verizon will release it.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I agree about the value and the different audiences between the 755P and the Centro and that Verizon should carry both, but think they might skipp getting the Centro and if they do it certainly won't be before next Summer (2008) at the earliest. I've seen for months that the 755P is coming and think it will eventually, though obviously not in July or September or November 1 as previously rumored. My New Every Two is up at VZW and I've been waiting for the 755P to replace my 650. I'd prefer the Centro but since I've been waiting since June for just the 755P I'm not holding my breath for the Centro.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I'm one of those suckers that Verizon/Palm loves. I will upgrade from the 700p to the 755p the first day it's available, and if the keyboard is usable, I will probably also get the Centro if/when it becomes available as well.
    I spoke with a Verizon representative last night. He stated that he has been told that the 755 will not be released in '07. Verizon's technical department is not satisfied with it's stability and there are operating problems that still need to be resolved. (I have no idea what the problems are. Most comments from users on this site have been positive.)

Verizon wants to avoid a repeat of the 700P issues that they are stuck having to fix and will be very conservative with a 755 release. They don't make money fixing phones or getting calls from users with problems.

I hope that this Verizon source is wrong and it will be available by Christmas. I desperately want to dump my current 700P with allof its problems. I can't switch from Verizon due to a favorable family plan contract. Also, it's been my experience that Verizon's customer service is the best in the business.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
    Yeah...I was just adding a rumor of another date. As for that Verizon release list, I think after much back and forth the consensus is that an empty space where the dates should be means that the release date is not set yet, rather than a list of a bunch of phones scheduled to be released on one day.
    Thats exactly how their list works. If there is no date next to it, then its TBDTBDTBD.
    I have a corporate plan with Verizon Wireless and I am currently using the Treo 650. My contract expired in October and I have been patiently waiting for the Treo 755p to release. I finally was fed up when 11/1/07 came and the 755p was not released. I contacted the sales rep for our corporate plan and asked when will the Treo 755p come out and he told me that he does not have a specific date but it will be released in November. I will wait until the end of November and if it does not come out then I'm jumping ship to another phone company.
  15. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    The 755P will never be offered by Verizon. At one point I honestly thought it would, but then Verizon let the ship sail by. Why would they do such a thing with the Centro out there? The only thing the 755P has over the Centro is a slightly bigger screen and a different form factor. Honestly, I don't believe Palm will over either the 755P nor the Centro.

Last month I switched from Verizon to Sprint after being with Verizon for at least 10 years. Verizon could care less that I wanted to move my 10 corporate lines to Sprint, which was odd -- arrogant perhaps?

After spending the last 3-4 weeks with Spring I can say that Verizon does have a better service, but only slightly. Keep in mine, I am an Oregon customer which is not one of Sprint's better networks.

Verizon is the better network here in Oregon, but only by a very thin margin. Yes, I do notice a difference, but only slightly. A few things I have noticed:

1. In Autzen Statium in Eugene, Oregon (basically down town eugene), my phone signals a roam signal and my battery drains VERY fast. Maybe the University of Oregon as a deal with ATT or something. Who knows.

2. Pictures that I attempt to send via text message get sent by some Sprint email system. I don't understand the technolofy behind this, but I do know that one can send picture text messages on Verizon as regular text messages.

3. My Palm Treo 755P asks me if I want to Roam when I'm not on a Sprint network. I don't get charged for roaming, so why do I get asked if I want to roam. Verizon didn't do this. It is VERY annoying that Sprint does it.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    If I were a Verizon user, I'm not, but if I were, I would be jumping ship and going to Sprint for a Centro.

Even if it meant paying to get out of the contract. The way I see it, the $99.00 price with rebates on a Centro for new customers and the penalty for getting out of the Verizon contract would be less than a Verizon 755 price, if the 755 ever makes it to Verizon.

The Centro is not even close to the 650 class. It is what the 700p and Sprint 755 should have been as far as bluetooth, speed and stability goes. Not to mention form factor.

Even though I have a MR'd Sprint 700p with little to no issues, the Centro is just plain fantastic. It even has 6 megs more internal memory than the 700p. Centro: 68.8 megs vs 700p: 62.8 megs.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Q~ View Post
    3. My Palm Treo 755P asks me if I want to Roam when I'm not on a Sprint network. I don't get charged for roaming, so why do I get asked if I want to roam. Verizon didn't do this. It is VERY annoying that Sprint does it.
    From the users guide:

You can set options to be notified that you are roaming before placing a call or making a data connection, so that you are aware that you might incur extra charges.
    1. Press Phone .
    2. Press Menu .
    3. Select Options, and then select Roaming Preferences
    4. Select the Network Selection pick list and select the networks with which you want to allow your phone to make a connection:

Allow roaming enables your Treo device to determine the best network—either
    Sprint or roaming—with which to connect.

Home networks only allows your phone to connect only to the Sprint National
    Network.

Roaming networks only allows your phone to connect to roaming networks only.

5. Select the Before outgoing calls pick list to set whether roaming warnings appear when you attempt to dial an outgoing call:

Automatic enables your Treo device to determine whether it is best to warn you when you make an outgoing call while roaming.

Always causes an alert to appear each time you make an outgoing call while
    roaming.

Never suppresses alerts when you make an outgoing call while roaming.

6. Select the Before data connections pick list to set whether roaming warnings appear when you attempt to make a data connection, for example, to browse the Web:

Automatic enables your Treo device to determine whether it is best to warn you when you make a data connection while roaming.

Always causes an alert to appear each time you make a data connection while roaming.

Never suppresses alerts when you make a data connection while roaming.

7. Select OK.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I also moved from VZ to Sprint because of the delays for the 755. I have found Sprint coverage to be equal or better than Verizon in western Penna and across the state to Philly. Their CS has been good in spite of what I have read. I tried Sprint 5 years ago and their coverage is MUCH better now. Save a fortune on data. I just got the Centro.....I LOVE IT!! Got the red one for my wife...she is HAPPY! Happy wife = happy life!!

Seriously, I am delighted with my decision and highyl recommend trying it. With unlimited texts for my kids, and the $$$ I save on data, I easily paid for the VZ cancellation fee.
    I prefer great service then the phone. I have many friends who use Sprint and AT & T and are always complaining about the service with their fancy little phones. They can't make calls where I can with my old Treo 650...LOL! AT & T/Cingular claims that they have the least amount of drops calls. My response to that is because none of their customers can make a call. The Treo 755p will be coming out this month (November). So I will have it by the end of the month. No big deal. I prefer the 755p versus the centro because it's a better quality phone over all. Go to the Verizon Wireless website and start to look at the Smart phones and you will receive an option to chat with a rep. Ask the rep when the Treo 755p will be released and the rep will tell you November.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Locotoys View Post
    I prefer great service then the phone. I have many friends who use Sprint and AT & T and are always complaining about the service with their fancy little phones. They can't make calls where I can with my old Treo 650...LOL! AT & T/Cingular claims that they have the least amount of drops calls. My response to that is because none of their customers can make a call. The Treo 755p will be coming out this month (November). So I will have it by the end of the month. No big deal. I prefer the 755p versus the centro because it's a better quality phone over all. Go to the Verizon Wireless website and start to look at the Smart phones and you will receive an option to chat with a rep. Ask the rep when the Treo 755p will be released and the rep will tell you November.
    Yeah, but VZ could NEVER match what you get in a Sprint SERO plan.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast