Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I got an email from Verizon today "Check out our new phones". My heart almost stopped thinking, finally, the 755p. I opened the email and three other, non palm phones.

ET
    i checked the verizonwireless website and i haven't found 755p in list of phones. still 700p and 700w/wx being shown. are you sure that 755p is already available there?
    "If you bring forth what is within you, it will heal you. And if you do not bring forth what is within you, it will destroy you." (from the Gospel of St. Thomas)
    I just had a Verizon Rep send me an E-Mail stating: "My understanding is that this is still in product testing. If it passes, then we will offer it. At this time, I do not see it being offered in the next month."
    Quote Originally Posted by swallen View Post
    I just had a Verizon Rep send me an E-Mail stating: "My understanding is that this is still in product testing. If it passes, then we will offer it. At this time, I do not see it being offered in the next month."
    Hmmm... that's interesting.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I also no longer see the teaser page on the website. Has anyone else seen it lately?
    When I follow the link from treonauts I still get the page from Verizon, although I have never been able to navigate to this page from within the verizon wireless site.

Verizon wireless 755p teaser page

As an asside, does anyone have any firm info on why the 755p release on verizon has been so stalled?
    Last edited by spgiva; 12/04/2007 at 04:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Im Kinda In Who Cares Mode Now..the 755 Is Old News.. Where Is The Centro?
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    The centro just does not have enough memory for me (I believe it has only 64mb), the memory is the only reason I need to upgrade from my 650. But given that I need to upgrade, I would much prefer the no-antenna, slightly more managble form factor of the 755 to the 700 that verizon is currently selling.
    Quote Originally Posted by spgiva View Post
    The centro just does not have enough memory for me (I believe it has only 64mb), the memory is the only reason I need to upgrade from my 650. But given that I need to upgrade, I would much prefer the no-antenna, slightly more managble form factor of the 755 to the 700 that verizon is currently selling.
    If I am not mistaken, the Centro has slightly more user-accessable RAM than the 755p, which is around 65mb or so. The ROM installed programs are not included in the available 65mb.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    The centro just does not have enough memory for me (I believe it has only 64mb), the memory is the only reason I need to upgrade from my 650.
    I'm not sure why you would need more than 65mb of onboard memory when the Centro can run almost everything from a 2/4/6GB microSDHC or microSD card. Do you require more than 6GB of memory, or do you need to run some special app that will only run from the internal memory?
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorker545 View Post
    If I am not mistaken, the Centro has slightly more user-accessable RAM than the 755p, which is around 65mb or so. The ROM installed programs are not included in the available 65mb.
    That seems to be correct. I have one of each and the Centro has more memory available than the 755 by alot. The thing that amazes me is how fast the Centro syncs as well as backsup with NV Backup. It's like lightning speed to me compared to the 755 and my old 650.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Thanks NewYorker545 and RickMG I had never compared the user accesible memory, I had only ever looked at the total memory (128MB for the 755 and 64Mb for the centro). So where does the Centro store it's native programs (it has 64Mb of memory all of which is user accesibl?)

In answer to your question dcpmark, I have to run several medical programs that can not be run off of a SD card (which makes me so frustrated I can not stand it). I also have several time wasting games that automatically copy onto my treo if I try run them off of a card.
    Thanks NewYorker545 and RickMG I had never compared the user accesible memory, I had only ever looked at the total memory (128MB for the 755 and 64Mb for the centro). So where does the Centro store it's native programs (it has 64Mb of memory all of which is user accesibl?)

In answer to your question dcpmark, I have to run several medical programs that can not be run off of a SD card (which makes me so frustrated I can not stand it). I also have several time wasting games that automatically copy onto my treo if I try run them off of a card.
    The Centro stores its included-apps in ROM, same as the 755p. The Centro specs just don't mention what the total installed memory is, so the only comparison is the user accessible memory, which I believe is larger than the 755p. Actually, the most relevant spec is the user accessible memory anyway.

In terms of running apps from the SD card, have you looked into ZLauncher? I used it on my Treo 650 and ran most of my 3rd party apps from the SD card. After installing an app on the device, ZLauncher can move it to the SD card and create a shortcut icon on the Treo/Centro. Some apps, like Pocket-Tunes, had to be on the device to run in background mode, but most of the others were on the SD. I use ZLauncher on my Centro, and have yet to run apps from the SD card. Even after upgrading my Pocket-Tunes and Kinoma Player (which takes up RAM, even though the native versions are in ROM) I have 41 megs left in RAM. This includes about 150 emails, and these 3rd party apps:

Abacus
    Area Codes
    BatteryGraph
    AW Solitaire
    HandyShopper
    IBM Java
    Kinoma Player 4.4
    KSLight
    TomTom 6 (START shortcut only)
    NVBackup (shortcut only)
    Pocket-Tunes 4.05 Deluxe
    TreoAlarm
    x411
    ZLauncher
    Last edited by NewYorker545; 12/06/2007 at 09:24 AM.
    I will look into ZLauncher. Some of the programs are actually too big to even install on my 650 (and run installers on the treo that have to be on the treo device to run etc). My problem is not copying the program to the card, but rather that the programs will not run off of the card. But if zLauncher works for me then that may just alleviate my need to upgrade at all.

Thanks again
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Take a look at PowerRUN or Hi-Launcher. The former is DIRT simple and extremely useful for your purpose. ZLauncher is very powerful but has a learning curve to match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm tree View Post
    Take a look at PowerRUN or Hi-Launcher. The former is DIRT simple and extremely useful for your purpose. ZLauncher is very powerful but has a learning curve to match.
    Yup! Forgot to mention that ZLauncher is very daunting at first. Now it seems second nature after using it awhile.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Bye-bye Treo! Just got a BB.
    Treo 650 --> Blackberry Pearl 8130
    i am joining you!
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    Smitpat, let me know you experiences. I have a 2.5 yr old 650 on vzw, and have really wanted to get a curve. VZW came out with pearl, but then heard about 755. The 2 biggest complaints I had about the 650 form factor have been addressed with 755, thinner and no antenna. high speed access as well.

I had thought the pearl to be too big a compromise, 2 letter per key, smaller screen. But I too am getting sick of waiting. Pearl has gps, good music, great form factor, but no touch screen and not sure about internet.

Let me know your experience and how they compare!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    jbinibi, I've had the Verizon 700P since it first came out. I got the BB Pearl about two weeks ago and returned it within 1 day. Here are 3 main reasons:
    1) Does not have "Chat Style" texting (dialogue texting)
    2) I hated the 2 letter on one key format - I think if you're used to a full Qwerty keyboard there's no turning back.
    3) You cannot wirelessly sync contacts, calendar, & tasks - I have never once hard synced my Treo - everything is wireless through VZW Wireless Sync ( you cannot do this unless you have a corporate blackberry server)

I really wanted to like and keep the Pearl - it's got a great feel, but for the above mentioned reasons I just couldn't justify keeping it. Still holding out for the 755P
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    OK. saw the samsung i760 at best buy, had a great price (lower than verizon store would give me? plus in stock). had it less than 24 hours, but not sure I will be keeping. WM is VERY different from what POS. Not sure its better or worse, but needs a learning curve. Have to go on business trip, and reset back to 650 for now since can't take time. One thing about 760 that not used to is that alpha keys are not instantly accessable, you need to open the slider! also, must go thru some more keystrokes or taps to do things POS does with less. I don't have exchange at work, so that is no big deal. It is less bulky, I really wanted the 755, I think that form factor would be the same. Will keep you posted.

The big question that everyone asks of course is will Palm keep with POS, or will Gates and WM dominate?

I wonder how many SW developers are still developing for POS vs. WM?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast