Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Q~ View Post
    The 755P will never be offered by Verizon. At one point I honestly thought it would, but then Verizon let the ship sail by. Why would they do such a thing with the Centro out there? The only thing the 755P has over the Centro is a slightly bigger screen and a different form factor. Honestly, I don't believe Palm will over either the 755P nor the Centro.

Last month I switched from Verizon to Sprint after being with Verizon for at least 10 years. Verizon could care less that I wanted to move my 10 corporate lines to Sprint, which was odd -- arrogant perhaps?

After spending the last 3-4 weeks with Spring I can say that Verizon does have a better service, but only slightly. Keep in mine, I am an Oregon customer which is not one of Sprint's better networks.

Verizon is the better network here in Oregon, but only by a very thin margin. Yes, I do notice a difference, but only slightly. A few things I have noticed:

1. In Autzen Statium in Eugene, Oregon (basically down town eugene), my phone signals a roam signal and my battery drains VERY fast. Maybe the University of Oregon as a deal with ATT or something. Who knows.

2. Pictures that I attempt to send via text message get sent by some Sprint email system. I don't understand the technolofy behind this, but I do know that one can send picture text messages on Verizon as regular text messages.

3. My Palm Treo 755P asks me if I want to Roam when I'm not on a Sprint network. I don't get charged for roaming, so why do I get asked if I want to roam. Verizon didn't do this. It is VERY annoying that Sprint does it.
    dude...everytime I read your posts...I so hear the voice of the actor that played Q on star trek in my head....

I've come to just take wireless companies in the US as inmature children that don't want to work with each other. And as far as they way they do consumers-up the *blank* without *blank*-its all about picking your poison when choosing them, there will always be a weakness to go with the strength of one company versus the other....they call that competition, the law calls it anti-trust law...
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmTreo650User View Post
    I spoke with a Verizon representative last night. He stated that he has been told that the 755 will not be released in '07. Verizon's technical department is not satisfied with it's stability and there are operating problems that still need to be resolved. (I have no idea what the problems are. Most comments from users on this site have been positive.)

Verizon wants to avoid a repeat of the 700P issues that they are stuck having to fix and will be very conservative with a 755 release. They don't make money fixing phones or getting calls from users with problems.

I hope that this Verizon source is wrong and it will be available by Christmas. I desperately want to dump my current 700P with allof its problems. I can't switch from Verizon due to a favorable family plan contract. Also, it's been my experience that Verizon's customer service is the best in the business.
    I spoke with a CS representative yesterday and was told the exact same thing - don't expect the 755p in 2007. He offered that information based on his past experience with new phone launches, in that if it was coming in the next two months he would have more information available to him at this time. He said they are still planning to release the 755p but not anytime soon.

I ordered my 755p this morning through Sprint. My Verizon contract ends in less than six weeks so I took advantage of the SERO plan and the URANG discount while I could.
    You're right grenada. I looked into the SERO plan and signed up today and ordered a black centro for me and a red centro for my wife. Bye bye Verizon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Locotoys View Post
    You're right grenada. I looked into the SERO plan and signed up today and ordered a black centro for me and a red centro for my wife. Bye bye Verizon!
    I signed up online with Sprint yesterday morning around 6:00 a.m. and my 755p was delivered to me today before noon. I was really worried about not getting as strong of a signal as I did with Verizon only to find out I get a stronger one with Sprint! I'm thrilled that I switched and I am sure you will be too. It's amazing to me that I am getting such a sweet package from Sprint for less than what I was paying just for a data plan!
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Was looking at the Verizon Wireless website and the Voyager and the Venus are both available for pre-order, but not the 755P. Even though Ive seen pix and materials about the 755P I am beginning to have my doubts. Would be nice if they skipped it and went to the Centro for $100s less. Any new news?
    I switched from VZ to sprint also. I could not be happier. My signal with Sprint was weak 5 years ago when I tried it. Now it is STRONGER than VZ!! AND I save a lot of $$$$!!
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Supposedly next Wed, Nov 21st is THE date. This is based on two reports I've read from people talking to their local VZW store managers.

One report came from PIC and the other was either here or on HowardForums.

Personally, I still don't expect to ever see the 755p on Verizon. And if it DOES appear it'll be for a limited time, in limited quantities, and for an exhorbitant price.
  8.    #28  
    So much for them releasing the 755p for VZW today...
    Nobody said it was today...

If my guess is right, the screenshot you got the 16th from had a blank next to the 755p. The blank means no date, not to be released with the date above.

Right now, the date's the 21st.
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robin24k View Post
    Nobody said it was today...
    SOMEONE said it. A poster on Howardforums said that a CS person told him it was going to be 11/16, which I passed along as a rumor here earlier in this thread.
  11. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Think about it. Why would Verizon release the 755P given the existence of the Centro? The Centro and 755P are VERY similar in terms of functionality, but the Centro has a better form factor and is cheaper.

Further, it would seem that Verizon and Palm had a falling out.

I doubt the 755P will ever make it to Verizon.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Think about it. Why would Verizon release the 755P given the existence of the Centro? The Centro and 755P are VERY similar in terms of functionality, but the Centro has a better form factor and is cheaper.
    Because they can make more money per unit on the 755p. They are marketed towards different consumers, and while people here may understand that they are similar in terms of functionality, most consumers do not. Some people will not like the smaller keyboard, especially the business customers to whom the 755p will be marketed towards.

I doubt the 755P will ever make it to Verizon.
    Well, they have already officially announced that it is coming, so that would mean that they would have to withdraw an announced release. While this is not unheard of (happened with Moto v810), it still would be very unusual. Don't forget that Sprint has a 3-month exclusivity agreement with Palm, so the Centro can't be released on Verizon until sometime next year, assuming they have finished the testing.
    Last edited by dcpmark; 11/16/2007 at 08:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    I dont even want the 755... its like buying a used car for more than the cost of a new 1.

Get on the stick Verizon
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    "Better form factor" on the Centro? I personally already detest the small square screen of the Treos, so an even SMALLER square screen is yet another downgrade. Add to that the cramped Centro keyboard and its feeble battery capacity and you have three very good reasons I'd take a 755p over a Centro anyday. Let's face it: Anything running Garnet and made by Palm is going to be a rather poor phone for voice usage. So with that reasoning you might as well go with the 755p as its "PDA bits" are a great deal easier to live with.

That said, Palm should offer the 755p with the same software bundle, ROM/OS tweaks & extra available memory as the Centro.
    Further, it would seem that Verizon and Palm had a falling out.
    Any link to this information?
    at&t iPhone3G
  16. Tdc
    I just spoke to a Verizon sales support rep who said he "thought" 755p would be released on 11/28 no pricing info or definite date
    The treo 755p just appeared on VZW's business page, see the link below

http://blog.treonauts.com/2007/11/verizon-treo-75.html
  18. Tdc
    So much for 11/28 - he also said before Christmas so I guess that gives us a new date to dream towards.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
    Yeah...I was just adding a rumor of another date. As for that Verizon release list, I think after much back and forth the consensus is that an empty space where the dates should be means that the release date is not set yet, rather than a list of a bunch of phones scheduled to be released on one day.
    That's exactly what it means.
    I got an email from Verizon today "Check out our new phones". My heart almost stopped thinking, finally, the 755p. I opened the email and three other, non palm phones.

ET
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast