1.    #1  
    I was joust wondering if anyone else has had issues with random reboots and the unit beeping when sitting on the desk ... screen was in standby then it wet out of standby and gives a du dupe beep.

BTW bluetooth is off.

I hate to think it is the unit I love it and dont really wnat to get a diffrent phone. I do have a sandisk 1 gig card in the unit but it was doing this before i added the card. if any one has the red how close is it to the photos that are shown in the palm site? if it sounds like a foobar unit i might just switch for a red one.

thanks

--john
  2.    #2  
    by the way I just redeated my minisd card and the do dupe soun i was hearing was teh card insertion sound.
    when i put the card in this time i had the bat cover off we will see if it was just a not fully seated memory card.
    if there are any other thoughts please give them
    Sounds like a background application waking up and causing problems. What 3rd party software is installed? Have you configured any email systems?

Try dialing the phone number ##377 and see what, if any, error log it displays.

Jeff
  4.    #4  
    ##377 no errors

as for apps.
    cell brite is there from the migration of my adress book on my last phone.
    I added the soiltar and file manager from my centro.

and only 3 other apps i have never had issues with
    olivetree reader
    my bible and daily reader (laradian)
    oh and netwalk from bekis
    1 more i have never really used in the past a z-machine intreperter... i think frotz based.

I do have mail configured for gmail however I dont give out that adress teh only people that have it are 2-3 friends... grp. members in an online class i am taking and transgaming.
    no email came in to that account during the time in question
    Quote Originally Posted by jbloodwo View Post
    ##377 no errors

as for apps.
    cell brite is there from the migration of my adress book on my last phone.
    I added the soiltar and file manager from my centro.

and only 3 other apps i have never had issues with
    olivetree reader
    my bible and daily reader (laradian)
    oh and netwalk from bekis
    1 more i have never really used in the past a z-machine intreperter... i think frotz based.

I do have mail configured for gmail however I dont give out that adress teh only people that have it are 2-3 friends... grp. members in an online class i am taking and transgaming.
    no email came in to that account during the time in question
    You have to be very careful when installing applications from other Palm devices - even Treos. If an app is not specifically designed for the Centro, I would recommend not installing it without doing some research first.

As for email, it does not really matter if people are sending you email. I would be more curious to see if you have automatic checking turned on.

Lastly, here is a nice utility that will show you background applciations on your Palm device. Background applications run in 2 ways on the Treo/Centro: 1) by using operating system alarms or 2) by listening for operating system notifications. PalmInternals will show you applications that are using either of these 2 methods. My guess is that you have an application that is running in the background that is causing the rebooting you are experiencing.

Download PalmInternals

Jeff
  6.    #6  
    Cool App...
    It looks like palm mail may be the guilty party.

I will play with the settings and see what i can do. I was not really using it for anything so i may just remove my gmail account.

also i also installed that vox blog client thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbloodwo View Post
    Cool App...
    It looks like palm mail may be the guilty party.

I will play with the settings and see what i can do. I was not really using it for anything so i may just remove my gmail account.

also i also installed that vox blog client thing.
    Glad to have helped.

Versamail has been known in the past to cause resets if its internal database files get corrupted. Simply remove the email account, then remove all of the Multimail files with FileZ and then recreate the email account. All should be fine if this is the problem.

Jeff