Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    How is the strength of the vibrate mode? With a holster?

gottago
    Not very good at all unfortunately. If I don't hear it vibrate, I usually don't feel it either. I've not tried in a holster, but I don't see how you would ever feel it in one.
    not as strog as some but I able to feel it on my leg if it is in my pocket.
    but i did switch away from the 12bar blues ring tone to one that was a hot as soft so i coud hear the ring if i missed the buz.
    IMO the vibration strength of the Centro is substantially less than my 755p. I never had a problem missing calls while in vib mode but I have missed several with the Centro even though it has been in my pants pocket. If it is in a coat pocket it is worse. If I am wearing a shirt with a pocket, I can feel the vib, but moving around, bending over, etc., raises the risk of dropping the phone. This is a real problem for me since I spend a lot of time in court hearings where I have no choice but to run silent. Is there anyway to increase the strength? Is the problem a less powerful battery? Hopefully someone out there may have an answer. I like the Centro, but I do need to be able to avoid missing calls.
    Legalbeagle
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Hmm... Can anybody compare the vibrate to the vibrate on a Treo 650?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    650's vibration is much stronger than Centro's.
    Defietly the centro's vibrate is not as strong as the treos ( I am comparing to my 700P) . Im not complaining as I thought the 700P was too strong andf usedto vibrate itself off my desk an onto the floor and everyone in the room would hear it. I personally prefer the Centros weaker vibrate but definetly it is weaker then the Treo's.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Hmm... I was actually hoping for a stronger vibrate. I use to carry my 650 in my pants pocket just so I could feel the vibrate. I was hoping to go to a hoster with the centro. Hmm... this is not good news:-(
    Smaller phone = smaller vibrate module

Plus, the vibration function is a huge battery drain on the device--so having a very strong one on a busy day will kill the batt.

It comes down to those trade offs you have to do, unfortunately.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter