1.    #1  
    Title says it all. I'm upgrading from a 650, wife has a 755. Besides the basic upgrade process (rename backup folder, ect.) are there any issues I need to watch out for?
    Vinnie
  2. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john_v View Post
    Title says it all. I'm upgrading from a 650, wife has a 755. Besides the basic upgrade process (rename backup folder, ect.) are there any issues I need to watch out for?
    In general, it's better to create a 'new' hotsync id and not sync it to your old hotsync id. Then add the contacts, etc from the old id. Then test your programs 1 by 1.
    If you create a new user ID, then a lot of your programs won't work because they are tied to the ID. If you rename your backup folder and install programs from scratch, you should be good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by t4l View Post
    In general, it's better to create a 'new' hotsync id and not sync it to your old hotsync id. Then add the contacts, etc from the old id. Then test your programs 1 by 1.
    This would be difficult to do with over 3000 contacts and calendar data.
    no it's not. I've had the same id since my Pilot 1000. The backup folder move works just fine. Sync and put your programs back on one by one.

Quote Originally Posted by t4l View Post
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.