1.    #1  
    Is anyone using Profiles with their Centro? Is it compatible? Can anyone confirm if it does or does not work?
    Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone View Post
    Is anyone using Profiles with their Centro? Is it compatible? Can anyone confirm if it does or does not work?
    Not compatible.

It shows up in the Prefs, but when you click on it nothing happens.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    Not *that* is a major bummer. What's my least expensive way to duplicate the features? I just need an easy way to switch between ring volumes, etc.
    good question, I'm looking into alternatives myself...

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    anyone find a good alternative yet for the Centro? or is the developer out there still possibly working on this since there were betas for the 700p and 755p?
    Quote Originally Posted by drot84 View Post
    anyone find a good alternative yet for the Centro? or is the developer out there still possibly working on this since there were betas for the 700p and 755p?
    PowerMan works well on the Centro and even uses the solid green LED. That's really the only good alternative I found.

I wouldn't hold my breath on an update to Profiles for the Centro.

has anyone tried emailing milan who is the developer? he is pretty responsive.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    good idea, I just found his email and gave it a shot. I'll post here if/when I hear back!
    Malatesta, thank you so much. PowerMan is exactly what I have searching for. I had done many searches on various software websites and this product never came up. Seems to be working perfectly with the Centro. Great recommendation.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbaydoun View Post
    Malatesta, thank you so much. PowerMan is exactly what I have searching for. I had done many searches on various software websites and this product never came up. Seems to be working perfectly with the Centro. Great recommendation.
    np

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Milan quickly replied to me and has now updated Profiles to include support for the Centro!

http://www.kwik.cz/palm/treo/profiles/

Thanks, Milan!
    Milan quickly replied to me and has now updated Profiles to include support for the Centro!

Thanks, Milan!
    Very cool.

Thanks to both of you

13.    #13  
    Excellent! Testing it now...

Thanks, Milan!
    It works great.

I just moved to a Centro from a 700wx (was on a 650 before that). I really missed not having Profiles on the wx. It really makes the smartphone smart. The triggers feature is amazing. My phone automatically silences for meetings and then changes back after it is over...great. One of those features that Palm should include in the base OS.

Thanks!
    Rob
    My only issue with Profiles (and maybe someone knows of a solution):

Per profile you can change the Color Scheme, but there is no option for "leave as is", so you always have to select one.

I happen to use Colorize to make a custom theme, but alas since it's not written to the Theme DB, it gets overwritten.

Anyway to make these two apps play nice?

I second the sentiment above re this program. Only pet peeve for me is that it supposed to dim the display light and turn on the keyboard lights when in Night mode. But it only dims the display, and not turn on the keyboard light. I don't know if it's just my unit, or others are seeing the same problem. I originally had keyshadehack installed which was removed after installing Profile.