Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    thanks for all the advice.

My phone just started doing the "crash" again today.

I'm starting to think there is a limit and it's just too much data. I have about 5 years worth of call log. I do also have Comet on my desktop although I have not been syncing to it recently.

I guess I could start fresh as far as call log goes, it's not that important and I have comet as a back up. How do I erase the entire call log and start again as I can't get into call log from the phone? Do I just erase the "phonecallDB" file in Palm folder? then set desktop to overwrite handheld?

I don't know what else to do, its killin me lol.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    wow, I just installed filez and found that it is a 2mb file and 33,000 records.
    I just made a backup to comet and I think its time to clear it out..
    perhaps that is the problem lol.....
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    My 755p was doing the same thing. DBFixit was worthless as it apparently does not handle this type of DB. I just tried a hard reset to see if that works. My Phone Call DB is also 1.9MB and 38,000 records. I've had it since my first Treo 600 in 2003. Hate to give it up but it's looking that way.

Any other suggestions out there as to how to save it?
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Restore a copy of it from a week ago? If that works, try working forward be a day or two until you get one that doesn't work.

This is assuming you are using a nightly backup program like NVBackup.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12