1.    #1  
    Two weeks ago I was told by retentions that they would ship me a red centro at the time of release. Today I called up and was told that they take about two weeks to ship. In order to speed things up they told me to go to a store and buy it, then they would credit my account. I called a store and they said they don't get them in until two weeks after release. I know I am getting the runaround here but who do I put pressure on? I only renewed my contract because I got this deal, now I feel like I'm getting screwed.
    they'll probably sell like hotcakes at first. Many are waiting for them
    Quote Originally Posted by mwz26 View Post
    Two weeks ago I was told by retentions that they would ship me a red centro at the time of release. Today I called up and was told that they take about two weeks to ship. In order to speed things up they told me to go to a store and buy it, then they would credit my account. I called a store and they said they don't get them in until two weeks after release. I know I am getting the runaround here but who do I put pressure on? I only renewed my contract because I got this deal, now I feel like I'm getting screwed.
    No one....yet, the launch date of the "red" Centro isnt until Nov.4th. I would wait till then or after before taking any action.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME50 View Post
    No one....yet, the launch date of the "red" Centro isnt until Nov.4th. I would wait till then or after before taking any action.
    I realize the release date is the 4th. If the store is saying two weeks after release and retentions says two weeks after release....then who actually has them on the 4th?
    Palm may have them on the 4th?
    Here's my thread that I started about ordering a red centro. No one commented back so I guess there's not a demand for red centros on this site or they just don't care. lol. Anyway mine is still on backorder.
    diane
  7. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I had my backordered one cancelled. THere's a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE mess with my situation so DON'T ORDER IT. Just wait till it is out and THEN get it however you planned to get it.
  8.    #8  
    I just checked with one store at lunch and they think they will have it on sunday.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    The problem is most likely Sprint.

I bought the (black) phone and a new plan (including phone as modem data, insurance, unlimited after 6 PM - and a $250 deposit, for pity's sake) on line from Sprint on Thursday and received my phone Friday afternoon by UPS, but they say they started to port the number on Saturday. Today, the "service" person "Cat" told me that it's "72 *business* hours" from start to finish to port a number. Yesterday, I was told that it would take 24 to 48 hours to speak to a supervisor.

In the meantime, the phone number that I've used for over 4 years doesn't take calls or messages at all, anymore. (And I'm a family doctor.)

Maybe you'll be able to buy through Palm.