Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Previous Treos allowed you to record a message and Send it via SMS. this could be done via voice memo and clicking on the email icon and Choosing messages. I did this today on a Treo on Cingular. However, the Centro on the other hand will not allow you to do this. The option does not appear. If I try to send a mms message from messages it forces one to add a photo.am I missing some thing?
    Not sure if this is what you mean, but if you are trying to text a recording all you gotta do is go into the messaging section, hit add, hit sound options, than record new.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    it works fine upto that point. however once you are done with the recording and choose ok it sends you to the mms view and won't let you send the message without adding a picture or video
    Oooh I see what you mean. Hmm...that is rather strange. I'd contact palm or something about this. I don't send alot of voice memos and stuff so it's not a major problem for me, but that definitely is something palm should fix.
    yeah, this does seem to be a Palm screw up!

My recipients aren't even receiving any picturemail that I send with voice captions. If I send JUST THE PICTURE with no attached voice caption it goes through just fine. I have an open ticket with Sprint but I don't expect any positive results because they are clueless when it comes to the Centro.

Is anybody else having this problem with voice captions?
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by EBPMAN View Post
    it works fine upto that point. however once you are done with the recording and choose ok it sends you to the mms view and won't let you send the message without adding a picture or video

Just tried it and I can't send just a voice memo either - but a workaround is to keep a picture of yourself or just something that you can attach to the message each time - it works when you do that.. It's not even that much of a hassle to just attach a picture but it doesn't seem to work the way it should.... interesting!
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Question for people on MMS (I have never had a Sprint phone with MMS):

When I send a SMS with a picture (i.e. picture mail), the receipent, who is also on a Centro (sero), gets the message but there is a web link to the picture mail, the photo is not embedded. Vice versa if they send me one.

I was under the impression that the photo would just appear in the text message directly, just because the "web link to photo" was what I used to get on my WM devices which officially have no MMS support on Sprint.

So can someone confirm or explain how MMS behavior should work on here, because I'm kind of confused, lol.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Question for people on MMS (I have never had a Sprint phone with MMS):

When I send a SMS with a picture (i.e. picture mail), the receipent, who is also on a Centro (sero), gets the message but there is a web link to the picture mail, the photo is not embedded. Vice versa if they send me one.

I was under the impression that the photo would just appear in the text message directly, just because the "web link to photo" was what I used to get on my WM devices which officially have no MMS support on Sprint.

So can someone confirm or explain how MMS behavior should work on here, because I'm kind of confused, lol.
    I am having the same type of issues. I emailed a pic to a person's phone and they got the link. I have sent several MMS messages to 2 seperate phones and they did not even get the message.
    Last edited by Mike77; 11/24/2007 at 02:47 AM.