1.    #1  
    As Chatter (my former fav) doesn't handle html or attachments in Gmail's new IMAP... I've been unfortunately looking at moving. People here generally seem to have positive things to say about Snapper, but I haven't heard

If anyone has experience with both, could you compare Snapper and Agendus?

Thanks!
    Chattermail crashes my Treo 680.
    Agendus tends to slow everything if you have more than 500 emails.
    Snappermail is the best for me. Fast, agile, and has finger navigation.
    SMS Machine PictureSMS SMS Commander BattLogger TraceCrash MemoManager vCardManager

Suntzu Software

www.suntzu-software.com
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Does snapper have the option to have an sms trigger checking email?
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883 View Post
    Does snapper have the option to have an sms trigger checking email?
    I'm not sure this is what you're asking but Snapper has an auto fetch feature the will connect and retrieve your emails that you can set from every 5 mins to every 4 hours. Or you can check it manually

Here's the link:
    http://snappermail.com/wireless/email/

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  5.    #5  
    thanks for the responses. i'm not really sure what the "sms trigger" thing means, myself... though I've seen it mentioned. even though I have unlimited text, I'm still fine with snapper logging on every 5-10 minutes and getting new email. Chatter was much cooler because it didn't wake up my treo and give me that "connecting... logging in..." screen, and had push email.... but it seems like snapper is the best i'm gonna get right now.
    An SMS trigger is this: you have your email account forward a notification or just the email to your SMS address. The email program then "sees" this SMS since you put in a keyword (usually your email address). Once it sees it, the email program then syncs with the server and gets the email.

It's all done behind the scenes and you never see the SMS i.e. it's not in your inbox. The benefit is there is no polling or idle of the account, so you tend to get amazing battery life.

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $only$ $Chatter$ $supports$ $this$ $feature$.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  7.    #7  
    interesting. I almost understood what you said and then my head exploded... But I got the gist. Either way, if snapper can't do it, I can't do it. Since Chatter won't do html and attachments correctly if directly connected to a Gmail IMAP account, I can't do Chatter...
    which one of those will allow me to save messages on my card? my message db is eating up my memory like crazy.
    On some earlier posts there were comments that snapper had a flawed program....would work great & then suddenly crash the treo & wipe out data requiring total re-install. I never knew if this was in fact true or not.

I hear great things about Chatter...but when I tried it....my Treo 700P crashed repeatedly & I finally removed Chatter.

Since that time I discovered DB Fixit /ran it & found I had lots of corrupt files which DB Fixit corrected (GREAT PROGRAM).

I still use Verizon's push sync program & would love to know whether tp go with Chatter or Snapper. Continually hear Agendus is a memory intensive/slow/that updates occur often for a price & many experience crashes.

I'm not sure which to choose.
    Chatter allows saving mail to SD card.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    Versamail locks up every so often. snapper is rock steady.
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    Quote Originally Posted by TNTreoUser View Post
    On some earlier posts there were comments that snapper had a flawed program....would work great & then suddenly crash the treo & wipe out data requiring total re-install. I never knew if this was in fact true or not.
    That is true. The program seems to be rock steady when used lightly. Once the usage pattern gets complicated (several accounts, many messages stored, scheduled mail checking), it tends to crash wiping out all data -- that's why I stopped using Snapper intensively. Now I only check my email when I really need it, and I don't keep old messages anymore -- no problem, it's rock steady again.
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    I never see resets on my 680 with Chatter... I wonder if there's some conflict or corruption issue going on.

Marc
  14.    #14  
    been using snapper for a few days. viewing of mail is pretty sweet and it checks mail regularly. kind of annoying how it has to wake the treo and take over the screen when it checks for email... that's one of the things I really miss about chatter -- how subtle it was... and chatter would turn on the phone and internet after a reset... ah, well. what are ya gonna do?
  15.    #15  
    so I've been using Snapper for a while and honestly, it's a huge step down from Chatter. I crashes a lot, whereas Chatter rarely, if ever, did. Almost worse, it's much slower to download from Gmail (but maybe that's because when Snapper checks email, it has that stupid screen that comes up and hogs the system until it's done.... No better alternative, though, I guess.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    To each their own, I guess. I've been using snappermail for years and have NEVER had it crash on me.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TNTreoUser View Post

No.. versamail did that. It would routinely corrupt its own files requiring you to delete them and resync your mail.
    I've had to stay with Versamail. I could never get Snapper to work with my corp email. Agendus will, but provides no global ads lookup. Sprint email from Seven has actually done the best. But no global lookup, and sms for a true push substitute, don't cut it. Chatter will not work with my exchange, and resets my phone over and over. Worst one of them all in my opinion. None of them will sync my contacts, and calendar.. VM is and has been my only recourse.
    Matty