1. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    So, who's going to wait until Missing Sync releases an official update?

For me, I think I'll probably just get leopard, sync to pc, and wait for missing sync to put one out. Which they say could take 3 months.
    I've been holding off upgrading to Leopard until Missing Sync gets an update. I have version 5 and really don't wan't to pay for 6.0.3 just to sync my Centro...but what can you do.

I'd go back to syncing with the Palm Desktop software if I knew that it worked with Leopard. I can live without my address book contact photos syncing properly and a few other nice things Missing Sync provided if it means saving some $$$.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Interesting. i've been syncing fine since I got Leapord using MS 5.x. I don't use the iApps though, forced to use Entourage.
    So all of your conduits work fine with MS 5 in Leopard and sync without error?
    According to Markspace and a couple pages of forum posts... Missing Sync doesn't work properly with Leopard because Apple changed how iSync works.

I can live without Address Book and iCal syncing if everything else seems to work.
    It's working fine for me. The conduits I use are Call Log, Contacts, Events, Notes, Photos, SMS Log, Tasks, and Video. Only thing I've seen not work are Events and Tasks the first time you do an "Overwrite handheld with desktop data" and have selected calendars. After that sync it says calendars were not selected so you just have to select them again. But the biggest bug is when putting my 755p in disk mode with the Missing Sync application and I get a weird freeze on my screen that shows a white text with black foreground. Sucks cause I use the disk mode a lot but I just transfer with Bluetooth instead for now.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    I haven't been able to sync my tasks or events with Missing Sync since I upgraded to Leopard and it's killing me. Everything else is syncing fine. Is there a trick or something I need to do? I've looked around online and can't really find anything to help me with it. I'm thinking of deleting MS, doing a hard reset on my Treo, and starting from scratch.

Any other ideas?
    I haven't upgraded to Leopard yet, but whenever I upgrade the phone, OS or Mac, Missing Sync always seems to have problems syncing the calendar - Missing Sync just hangs and won't go on. What always seems to get me through the mess is "Reset Sync History" on the Mac: https://esupport.markspace.com/index...barticleid=105
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsman View Post
    Interesting. i've been syncing fine since I got Leapord using MS 5.x. I don't use the iApps though, forced to use Entourage.
    Isn't Entourage a more powerful app than iCal, etc?
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Depends what you mean by more powerful. It doesn't run natively, so that's a big minus in my book. Since I don't absolutely need it for work or something, I haven't even opened it. Mail, iCal, and Address Book do everything I need them to do....except sync with my Treo!
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    Depends what you mean by more powerful. It doesn't run natively, so that's a big minus in my book. Since I don't absolutely need it for work or something, I haven't even opened it. Mail, iCal, and Address Book do everything I need them to do....except sync with my Treo!
    Isn't that a good reason to use entourage. Missing sync says it supports it and syncs with a treo.

As to powerful, as far as I can tell, the native cal email and contacts programs on the imac seem like they offer far less personalization in many aspects, including categories, alarms, recurrences, etc. than what entourage offers.

I guess I should just use the stock ones until I figure out how it all works.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    anyone using the beta version of missing sync for wm?

it seems (at least according to their list) that they fixed most of the bugs.
    I recently got my hands on an iBook G4. i've been running XP until now. i'm trying to see if i can make the switch permanent. i downloaded the beta version of MissingSync, and it seems to work fine with leopard. the only thing i notice missing is the ability to sync w/ the notes built in to Mail.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Missing Sync is a bit flaky with the new OSx and WM6. I've had slight problems with it, nothing major.