1.    #1  
    According to this recent article: http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/...ocking-phones/

Sprint should be unlocking devices for use on other carriers.. Does this mean i could buy a Centro from Sprint, have the unlock it, and activate it on Verizon??

Would all of the features work properly? Very very cool if this could be done!
    Verizon won't activete non-Verizon phones. You need another group to sue Verizon, have them settle at the comsession. But yeah the future is bright.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Now, once sprint adds online ESN swapping, changing phones to sprint can be almost as easy as gsm networks. Maybe other networks will take a hint.
    Life is a garden, dig it. -Joe Dirt
    If you have connections at verizon it should be possible to activate the phone.. Getting simple features like text messaging to work is another story and its probably more trouble than its worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatal99 View Post
    Now, once sprint adds online ESN swapping, changing phones to sprint can be almost as easy as gsm networks. Maybe other networks will take a hint.
    actually, for those who have been with sprint for a while, this wouldn't be a new feature. My first year and a half with their service I spent swapping my own phones through the website. I had less provisioning problems doing that than using the sometimes less informed reps that are reading a script.
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    Is this being considered? Online ESN swapping I mean. Would that allow us to use one phone while working and another one for evenings or weekends? Do they plan to charge each time?
    Yes, it is essentially already implemented, based on work that Sprint did for Helio. However you have to have your account migrated to Ensemble first. That might take months... read SU for details...

No charge to swap...