1.    #1  
    noticed telenav is not compatible with centro but they do list the 755 has anyone tried using 755 software on centro
    I have telenav working just fine on my Centro, its was the new 5.0 version when I upgraded. Works fantastic. Just point your browser to http://ota.telenav.com/ota/sn/
    and choose the 755 if asks but I dont think it will.

Muff
    I assume this is with the aid of an external GPS receiver?
    (nevermind)
    Last edited by SprintTreoUser; 10/30/2007 at 02:00 AM.
    I just got a centro and I've been reading up on getting gps navigation working. I have the Sprint Power Vision Ultimate Pack plan for $25 which claims unlimited navigation. I tried to download sprint navigation but when I went to the site it said the centro was not a supported device. When i talked to the sprint store they said it was a supported device and that I could get telenav for $9.99 a month, they claimed it was not included in the ultimate pack. Well, I looked again at the navigation announcement http://www2.sprint.com/mr/news_dtl.d..._pack&id=15680 and it says, "Unlimited access to Sprint Navigation also will be included in the existing Sprint Power Vision Ultimate Pack and Sprint Power Vision Business Pack, both priced at $25 per month." Any advice on how to get this working on my centro?
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    I assume this is with the aid of an external GPS receiver?
    This is my question also. It appears this is the case. Ouch, the telenav receiver is $100. I may just switch to the blackberry 8830 while I'm still in my 30 day period.
    Ive got more Guns than you.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I moved to a Centro from a Treo 650 and have been successful in using version 4.1 of Telenav on my Centro. I guess I really should upgrade to 5.0 so I can get 3d maps.
    I followed muffin's advice and downloaded the 755 version. I bought the GlobalSat bt-328 from Semsons.com for $30. Signed up for a demo account on Telenav's site. So far it works great.
    I have a 650 and just downloaded telenav over the air.

I assume when you enter your phone number and pin you are adding a monthly charge onto your bill by signing up for this capability?

Is there a 5 - day demo or trial of some kind to test drive this app before taking the leap?
    telenav works on the centro! i just downloaded the 30 day trial and am using it w/my gps keychain. it's really really cool! i can find myself using this often.
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post
    I have a 650 and just downloaded telenav over the air.

I assume when you enter your phone number and pin you are adding a monthly charge onto your bill by signing up for this capability?

Is there a 5 - day demo or trial of some kind to test drive this app before taking the leap?
    I couldnt get the demo w/o buying a subscription? Did I do something wrong?
    Eric "FerretBOY" T.
    Sprint Centro in Black - Stewie skin on top. (What the Deuce???)
    Running Lightspeed for battery and CPU boost.

"Welcome to Sprint . . . Sorry, you live in a backwater area that doesn't support EVDO . . . You lose . . . Please HOLD, while we place you on HOLD!!"

If G-D didnt want man to have a treo, he wouldnt give us opposable thumbs to type on its keyboard !
    the home page has the link to the free 30-day trial
    http://telenav.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    the home page has the link to the free 30-day trial
    http://telenav.com/
    Yes, But you still have to sign up for the monthly service to get it, right?
    Eric "FerretBOY" T.

"Welcome to Sprint . . . Sorry, you live in a backwater area that doesn't support EVDO . . . You lose . . . Please HOLD, while we place you on HOLD!!"

If G-D didnt want man to have a treo, he wouldnt give us opposable thumbs to type on its keyboard !
    right. not sure if they bill you right away or after the trial...
    OK,

I still have to get a GPS receiver, so I will wait to activate the trial and then go for it monthly. if I like it. I wonder if you can upgrade to a years sub from the monthly?
    Eric "FerretBOY" T.

I have an extra receiver (new/unopened). It's a freedom keychain (shown here http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/1363-1.htm) PM me if you're interested.