1.    #1  
    I have heard good things about this memopad replacement that uses encryption standards based on blowfish, especially since its freeware. Has anyone personally used this program? According to the authors website, the latest version (v. 3.64) won't run on Visors as we cannot upgrade to the latest palm os, but he says that he has a visor compatable version upon request. So far I haven't heard from him. Anyone know anything about this?

Also, has anyone used the corresponding desktop program? I guess I could try finding an older version of the program (v. 2.0) which should run on our older os, but I wonder if this older version will still work with the desktop companion program.

Any input appreciated.
    I used CryptoPad on my VDx for a while several months ago and was generally pleased with it, although I eventually ended up deleting it to save space. Since I used both Yaps and E-Wallet, I didn't really have a need to encrypt my memos. I must have had an early version, because I had no problems with compatibility and didn't have to contact the developer for a special Visor-friendly download. Never tried the desktop software--actually didn't realize it existed. Hope this is helpful.
    I've been using Cryptopad 3.63 for a while on my Platinum. Works pretty well. Along with the standard hide/mask memos, I can also encrypt a memo or an entire category. hadn't heard about the .64 version.

A brief look at the requirements suggests that OS3.5 is required, so the 3.64 version ought to run on Platinums and Edges. I think I'll go try it out and see what happens
    -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Version: 3.12
    GS d-(+) s: a C++ UX++++V++S++ P+>+++ L>+++ E+>++ W++ N++(+++) o? K? w !O !M V-- PS PE Y+ PGP++ t++ 5++ X++ R+ tv++ b++(+++) DI++++ D+ G++ e+++>++++ h--- r+++ y?
    -----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Downloaded and installed the 3.64 version of Cryptopad on my Platinum. Seems to work fine. The only difference appears to be a new icon that's displayed in the launcher.

Anybody tried the Cryptopad desktop? Supposed to let you view, edit and create encrypted memos. For some reason I keep getting overflow errors every time I try to save a memo.
    -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Version: 3.12
    GS d-(+) s: a C++ UX++++V++S++ P+>+++ L>+++ E+>++ W++ N++(+++) o? K? w !O !M V-- PS PE Y+ PGP++ t++ 5++ X++ R+ tv++ b++(+++) DI++++ D+ G++ e+++>++++ h--- r+++ y?
    -----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
  5.    #5  
    I have one of the original VDx, not a platinum or Edge, so I don't have the latest OS. As such, I may be out of luck. I was looking for a good freeware security program to store passwords, financial info, etc. I especially liked Cryptopad as it had a desktop companion, which is something I am really looking for in such a program. I may end up having to buy something else, but as a starving grad student, I try to cut my expenses buy not going crazy and buying every shareware program I want.
    Thanks
    Richard,

I think I still have a copy of the old version (2.23) stored in my BackUpBuddy archives. If you'd like I can try to e-mail it to you. I know for certain that this version works on a VDx, although I can't say for sure about compatibility with the destop software. Let me know.
    Originally posted by Richard
    I have one of the original VDx, not a platinum or Edge, so I don't have the latest OS. As such, I may be out of luck. I was looking for a good freeware security program to store passwords, financial info, etc. I especially liked Cryptopad as it had a desktop companion, which is something I am really looking for in such a program. I may end up having to buy something else, but as a starving grad student, I try to cut my expenses buy not going crazy and buying every shareware program I want.
    Thanks
    Try Multipass, It's free too!
    Have A Good Day!
    I Love My Prism!
  8.    #8  
    I was able to find cryptopad2.23 still on palmgear. I'll look into it. I will also check out multipass.
    thanks again