1. MED
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I was using Garmin Mobile 10 w/ 700wx. I was very happy with it (Garmin, not 700wx). My company switched from 700wx to Blackberry 8703e's. So... I'm trying to install Mobile 10 on my personal 680.

I can't find my original CD (yet). I have all my secret codes. So, I'm installing everything from d/l's from Garmin. I got the latest software installed on my 680, d/l the free basemap and got it loaded, used MapInstall to install the whole US/Canada on my 2 GB SD card. All loads ok. I'm now trying to get my data from the 700wx to the 680 via Mapsource.

I was using Garmin Mapsource on my PC and had saved/uploaded all of my data from my 700wx to the PC. Now, I'm trying to save those waypoints, etc. from Mapsource to the SD card for my 680. I go through the Transfer steps to copy waypoints to SD card. I then install SD card in 680 and MobileXT is not showing any of the points.

Can anyone tell me how to get data (waypoints, routes, tracks) from Mapsource to the 680?

BTW, I have played w/ Telenav, Blackberry Maps, and Google Maps on the Blackberry using the Mobile 10 GPS, and none compare to the Garmin Mobile 10 software (at least my experience with the 700wx).

Thanks.
    I'm sure that you can not use Mapsource to copy over anything other than the actual fixed Map data.

On the Pam version you can save and load a gpx files, called current.gpx.

In theory you need to save this file on your 700wx and then copy it onto the card in your 680, and then load it. This should move over way points etc, I think

On my 680 the menu's to follow are:
    Tools/Manager My Data/Options/ Export or Import.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  3. MED
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Hmmm. I wonder why Mapsource could not be used for items other than maps?

Thanks. I will give it a try. Luckily, I haven't returned the 700wx yet.
  4. MED
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    In theory you need to save this file on your 700wx and then copy it onto the card in your 680, and then load it. This should move over way points etc, I think
    The one thing I had to figure out is that I had to save the current.gpx file (from 700wx) to a folder (/Garmin/gpx) I had to create on the 680 SD card. The current.gpx file had to be saved in this folder in order for the import gpx function to work.

Now everything is on the 680!
    I just wish we could use Mapsource. It makes it easier to add/edit waypoints, etc.