Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello! I have created a new contacts manager for the Treo. Maybe someone will be interested in looking at the beta version!

Contapic v.0.92B

Features:

- Contact photos
    - Smooth animations
    - Big fonts & wallpapers
    - Dynamic color adaptation to fit wallpaper
    - Favorites screen with photos
    - Today screen with tasks and contacts
    - Operator name and signal strength
    - NEW! Keyboard name searching
    - FINGER SCROLLING WITH ACCELERATION COUNTING (iPhonish-like)

ScreenShots:SC1
    SC2
    SC3

Download
    http://ahsirg.kvplab.com/mambo/dmdocuments/ContaPic.zip

Kindest Regards
    Ryhor
    Last edited by ahsirg; 06/08/2008 at 12:55 PM. Reason: rename
    Looks promising, it's caused some resets on my 700p, 'Fatal Exception', not always doing the same think, sometimes it happened when I clicked on a contact, just now it happened when scrolling through favorites.
    I get error 58: Invalid volume reference when selecting preferences.
    I like the idea!!
    This is looking good... and has great potential, especially for the innovative scrolling that allows one to rapidly scroll through 100s of contacts. I tried it on the 650 and there were no resets. The finger scrolling, however, requires a little tweaking. I'm sure the overall layout and graphics will be cleaned-up as this is being developed.

- mvk
    Game over!
    Waho, I like.
    Looks very promising.
    I hope this doesn't die, and actually becomes SOMETHING.

Here is some advice, I know it is just a beta and I am sure half the things I am going to mention you are already working on, but here it is.
    - Being able to type a name out a name via the keyboard and have it search for the contact.
    - More pretty (aka more/better graphics!)
    - Photos in contact list (Meaning, if the contact has a photo, have a little preview photo next to the name in the contact list, if that makes sense)

Those are a few things I can think of right now.
    Oh, and when I click "Today" from the menu, it crashes my device.

P.S. I am using a Palm Centro.

[=
  5.    #5  
    Hello and thanks for testing!
    herofromsomeday,
    1. Contact photos in the list WERE there the first time, but I threw them out because loading JPEGs from the contacts database is terribly slow.
    2. What exactly do you mean by "More pretty".
    3. Name typing is being created right now.

Everyone else: I will be trying to fix all the bugs dont worry
    And this is gonna be a freeware projects - so anyone can take part in it. Maybe someone has ideas or graphics or smth else!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    So far so good. Looks like this could be a verrrrrrrrry good app. Running it on my 755p, and no issues. Keep it up, I'm looking forward more updates....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    Hello and thanks for testing!
    herofromsomeday,
    1. Contact photos in the list WERE there the first time, but I threw them out because loading JPEGs from the contacts database is terribly slow.
    2. What exactly do you mean by "More pretty".
    3. Name typing is being created right now.

Everyone else: I will be trying to fix all the bugs dont worry
    And this is gonna be a freeware projects - so anyone can take part in it. Maybe someone has ideas or graphics or smth else!
    1. Awww, well if you could find a way to make it work that would be tight.
    2. Just more graphical some how, haha. Look at Gx-5 Software for example, that stuff is the heaven of graphics.
    3. I'm glad this feature is already being worked on.
    On my T650, I get the following error message when I open it:
    Error 5: Invalid parameter
  9.    #9  
    Hello everyone! I have finished doing the keyboard name search feature! Now just start typing and search for names as you would in the standart Treo Contacts.

Download link is the same as before. Version is 0.92B
    Quote Originally Posted by rossarnie View Post
    On my T650, I get the following error message when I open it:
    Error 5: Invalid parameter
    Still getting the same error message on the new version...
    I downloaded the new version on my Treo 700p, and I still can't access Preferences, getting 'Error 58:invalid volume reference'
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  12.    #12  
    broncot. You probably have no expansion card. I will fix that.
    rossarnie. Don't know about your problem. Can you contact me on MSN/ICQ?
    I am liking this one, but have a few notes. Whenever I have a contact that only has a company name and not a first or last name it doesn't show in the main list. It only shows a blank line. I can select this line and then I am taken to the normal contact screen that shows all the info.
  14.    #14  
    2canSCAM. put on the task list. thanks for the heads-up
  15.    #15  
    A 2MB flash movie of what the software can do:
    http://ahsirg.kvplab.com/contapic.swf
  16.    #16  
    I have released a public beta 0.92 with some major improvements. Check it out at my site in the downloads section:
    http://ahsirg.kvplab.com/mambo/compo...les/Itemid,28/

The app has been renamed to TouchBook
    I like the updates, I can now switch between Contacts and Favorites without it crashing my 700p. It seems slower to load, and slower to move between the screens, like Contacts and Favorites. Maybe just my perception. I like the Style setup, being able to select the options and preview. Is the _cpd2.pdb file necessary?
    Thanks for the app, I like this better than other contact apps because I can put a picture behind it, and it searches like the builtin app.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  18.    #18  
    Thanks for your reply! It shouldn't be slower, maybe just the new animation is making that illusion.

_cpd2 stores your wallpaper. If you dont want a wallpaper, you can delete it.
    A bug in the Today screen, mine is showing 3 appointments, one from May 21st, one from Augst 29th, and one from today which has already passed.
  20.    #20  
    OK. put on the tasklist. thx
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast